• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Jackrabbit Hunting Northern Cali.

I don’t know about norther Cali but I got a place in New Cuyama there are loads of black tail jacks at this farm I work. They are a nuisance to the farm causing damage to the vineyard. My boss filled two large yeti coolers, didn’t make a dent. They would probably be more than happy to have you shoot them. Squirrels too. Heck they may even pay you too. I know during growing season they have 4 guys they pay 20.00 a hour too to ride around trapping and shooting them.

I don’t know about norther Cali but I got a place in New Cuyama there are loads of black tail jacks at this farm I work. They are a nuisance to the farm causing damage to the vineyard. My boss filled two large yeti coolers, didn’t make a dent. They would probably be more than happy to have you shoot them. Squirrels too. Heck they may even pay you too. I know during growing season they have 4 guys they pay 20.00 a hour too to ride around trapping and shooting them.
I should try asking vineyards 🤔 It'll be sweet to shoot and cash out!

How come all of the good spots are 5 hours away from me?

Because you live 5 hours away from the good spots?

😁

Allen
Sort of, closest is a bit over an hour, next is over 2 hrs. I do have a permission 30 min away but I've pretty much eliminated the ground squirrels there, I'm trying to get the word out that I'm available. There is a major target rich park close to me but....it's a park and the Karens would beech mightily. Literally hundreds in a very small area, there is a lovely cinderblock wall right behind them for a great backstop.

Sort of, closest is a bit over an hour, next is over 2 hrs. I do have a permission 30 min away but I've pretty much eliminated the ground squirrels there, I'm trying to get the word out that I'm available. There is a major target rich park close to me but....it's a park and the Karens would beech mightily. Literally hundreds in a very small area, there is a lovely cinderblock wall right behind them for a great backstop.
It's interesting that a couple summers ago when I went up to Hollister to do some pesting that everywhere I stopped in northern California, I saw ground squirrels, and jack rabbits. But of course I can't just pull to the side of the road and pull out the uragan and start shooting no matter how strong as the urge was. 🤣

Maybe its just me, but even thought it seemed like I was in the boonies I was still in California.
🙄

Allen

It's interesting that a couple summers ago when I went up to Hollister to do some pesting that everywhere I stopped in northern California, I saw ground squirrels, and jack rabbits. But of course I can't just pull to the side of the road and pull out the uragan and start shooting no matter how strong as the urge was. 🤣

Maybe its just me, but even thought it seemed like I was in the boonies I was still in California.
🙄

Allen
I've always said, east of I-5 you're basically just in occupied America, but once you cross I-5 you are behind the granola curtain and they are watching

🙄

Allen
Doesn't take much to get away from the fruitcakes, all concentrated in a few areas.

Try local berry farms and vineyards, if you have any close. You could probably get permission very easy. A lot of the farms have signs with managers name and phone number. Easy too you can just drive around the farm. Plink plink plink
So... if I understand... vineyards want to be free of jackrabbits and squirrels of any kind?

🙄

Allen
I went down to Hollister, saw exactly ONE squirrel, and of course it was the one I wasn't ready for. Bright sport was we went to the Corbin MC seat factory, they have a very nice cafe there, had a nice lunch.