Jack Haley .308 pcp

Hello, I picked up a Jack Haley .308 action. Never been fired, brand new condition. I assume never proper setup or finished, I couldn’t cock it to test fire. So, I figured either the trigger was never adjusted ( it has a bold trigger 94/96s modified to fit) or the hammer spring was too long and needed to be cut back. So been working on getting it to properly fire. I am looking for info on Jack Haley .308 rifles. I know he was highly regarded prior to his death. I was thinking it might work for hogs and or deer. I have not slugged the bore yet or checked the twist rate of the barrel to determine suitable bullets. I kinda intend to cast my own slugs and size to bore diameter after the bore is slugged. Does anybody have any info or experience with a similar Jack Haley .308
don

Hello, I picked up a Jack Haley .308 action. Never been fired, brand new condition. I assume never proper setup or finished, I couldn’t cock it to test fire. So, I figured either the trigger was never adjusted ( it has a bold trigger 94/96s modified to fit) or the hammer spring was too long and needed to be cut back. So been working on getting it to properly fire. I am looking for info on Jack Haley .308 rifles. I know he was highly regarded prior to his death. I was thinking it might work for hogs and or deer. I have not slugged the bore yet or checked the twist rate of the barrel to determine suitable bullets. I kinda intend to cast my own slugs and size to bore diameter after the bore is slugged. Does anybody have any info or experience with a similar Jack Haley .308
don
Jack & Reba are personal friends & I had the biggest collection of guns he built & they were passed on to a very good friend of mine Kelly S . If you have a .308 w/ a QB trigger assembly ,it was built to shoot round ball .HTH