IZH-46M Transfer Port O Ring Solution

I managed to lose the two o rings on the transfer port arm for the pistol on my second shooting session. I contacted Air Venturi support to see what the replacement parts are. Stacey from Air Venturi told me to use M5x2 o rings that are available from any o ring dealer. Purchased them from The O-Ring Store and they showed up in two days. Installed them in the pistol and they are perfect.

I can now recommend purchasing one of these pistols. All the seals and o rings are available so have at it. They are a hoot to shoot and will chuck a 7 grain pellet at 450 fps until you blow out the o rings or get tired.

534F0B31-A3A9-4D29-95A4-31550F4BEF75.jpeg
7D330C28-AE9C-4A24-A104-7C2DC25EB28C.jpeg
9B8EC1AF-2D49-48F9-9A18-A53FE3852282.jpeg
E07E5E4B-C79A-456E-836E-78A91BFED9E9.jpeg
5DAA5735-94BA-49AA-8D20-6A9BB52EAA3B.jpeg

I smithed a couple of these for shooters 10 years back when they were all the go here in the UK, both sorting the O ring blow out issue and fitting the slightly small diameter, stainless steel reservoir (at that time from B&M products) The mod sent a decent OEM 46M from 475fps avg to 505 fps …
The mod for keeping the O ring in was quite simple.
I peened the outer diameter of the O ring groove (not barrel side) until achieving a slight deformation of a few thou inward until slightly over the edge of the O ring (a tiny projection) at 2 points around the diameter.
Anywhere around the diameter, but roughly opposite of each other.
Made installing the O ring only slightly more tricky, but completely curing the blow out issue…

For those who may not know what the "blow out o-ring" issue is with these fine pistols: a pair of rubber gaskets (o-rings with one flat side) seals both sides of the triangular block (visible in two photos above) that transfers air from the compression chamber to the barrel. If the pistol is fired without latching this transfer block in place, one or both of the gaskets will be blown out of the triangular block and they are notoriously difficult to find. If the original gaskets are used, this will not happen if the transfer block is properly latched before the pistol is fired. I have no personal experience with the replacements from the o-ring store but if they work as well as the originals this is another good reason to get an Izzy.

Shot my 46 today with the replacement o rings. Had no issues. Cleaned the barrel, put a small amount of synthetic oil on the hinge point with a qtip and put about an hours worth of pellets down the barrel. Was hitting tin cans at 15 yards very easily until the wind picked up. The trigger is breaking at four ounces out of the box. Had good luck with the JSB 7.33 RS domed pellets.

Reactions: bf1956
I managed to lose the two o rings on the transfer port arm for the pistol on my second shooting session. I contacted Air Venturi support to see what the replacement parts are. Stacey from Air Venturi told me to use M5x2 o rings that are available from any o ring dealer. Purchased them from The O-Ring Store and they showed up in two days. Installed them in the pistol and they are perfect.

I can now recommend purchasing one of these pistols. All the seals and o rings are available so have at it. They are a hoot to shoot and will chuck a 7 grain pellet at 450 fps until you blow out the o rings or get tired.

View attachment 333125View attachment 333126View attachment 333127View attachment 333128View attachment 333129
What do you think about going with a square profile O ring, with the same dimensions? I am thinking this is even closer to the original o ring...

What do you think about going with a square profile O ring, with the same dimensions? I am thinking this is even closer to the original o ring...

O rings are cheap, the 100 that I purchased was like $10 with shipping. Give them a shot and let's see what happens.

Reactions: Phraint
I got the rings in from mcmaster today. They are square cut on the side where the OEM rings are cut an an angle, as to fit into a dovetail. My measurements are OD, ID and thickness. Oem =94,4.98,2.14 the McMasters are 9.1,4.9,2.02 The OD on the OEM rings are for the greatest diameter as it was virtually impossible to measure on the smaller taper side. Also measuring with a hand caliper on a soft o ring is not the easiest either.