IWA 2020 CANCELLED!

Yes, all of us who planned to attend will have paid for airfares, hotels etc and it's too late to get refunds for a cancellation :-(

Ouch...

Stephen Archer

Hard Air Magazine

Yeah it stings a little.

My international flight (Norwegian) is non-refundable, but allows a $125 change fee. My flight from UK to Frankfort (Lufthansa) has "travelers insurance" so I might get some of that back. And both of my hotels have fees associated with cancellations.

On the bright side... I've got all the gear I need to travel abroad now! 🤣

1582823108_5235255105e57f6c46c0381.40577832_20200227_110326.jpg

Sure it stings a little i have already acumulated more than 800 euros of cancelation fees and non refundable charges and the list still growing as i remember what else i have to cancel. But like others said is better to be safe than sorry, And after the show i was going to travel to italy and they announced that every flight from italy has to go thru medical examinations and posible quarantine and im pretty sure i dont want to be the first case of coronavirus in my country, so its for the best

I doubted when IWA 2019 was over if I should participate in IWA 2020, since the last one was completely empty. So, it happens :) OK, let's move all the activity in Internet, it cost less and is more effitient. The only thing I am sad about -- meeting all those people I've met there for 10 years.

I for one was really excited to finally meet you in person!

1582811510_916394345e57c9762519d2.08815626_IMG_20200227_073234_203.jpg

Damn, I was really looking forward to IWA this year
2639.svg
word from some of the exhibitors is trickling in that the event has been cancelled due to the Corona Virus.

We'll be doing something special here on Airgun Nation for all the manufacturers who have products to share.

:( 

I was hoping to see what the new Altaros M24 will look like and how it works...

AK

Better safe than sorry though I believe this is blown out of proportion to a certain extent.

Looking forward to seeing what vendors have to offer/reveal on this site though!

I've read quite about the virus. Many people believe it is in fact being blown out of proportion.

Deaths from Coronavirus = 1,300 since its debut

Deaths from common flu = up to 61,000 each year

https://khn.org/news/facts-vs-fears-five-things-to-help-weigh-your-coronavirus-risk/

Those numbers are most likely much higher, not all countrys want to tell or don't even know how many that are dead or infected with it, but probably not as high as the comon flu

“I've read quite about the virus. Many people believe it is in fact being blown out of proportion.

Deaths from Coronavirus = 1,300 since its debut

Deaths from common flu = up to 61,000 each year

https://khn.org/news/facts-vs-fears-five-things-to-help-weigh-your-coronavirus-risk/

Let’s put this into perspective. The flu has a mortality rate of .1-.5% where covid19 as of now has one of 2%.

This new virus kills more people per capita than the flu; about 20 times more.

I commend them for canceling the event. They were smart to do so. Who knows what things will look like in one week. By then Gemary and the US could see thousands of cases.

I like people who do their homework as apposed to people who run their life based on fear. But at the same time, I could look at those stats and decide not to go in to work for the next 3 weeks or more because we have 100 employees and that would mean 2 of us are going to die and I don't want to be one of them. But at the end of the day... I do agree with the cancellation of IWA. A little caution goes a long way. And the products that would have been shown....I'm sure those businesses will find other ways of presenting their products to the consumer.

As we all know, this virus is supposedly transmitted by little droplets that fly through the air when you cough or sneeze, they tell you to wash your hands for at least 20 seconds and not to put your hands on your face, cough and sneeze into your elbow, don't go to work if you are feeling sick.

What I am mostly concerned with is how long the virus stays alive should one of these little droplets land on a counter or shelf. The HIV virus is killed almost instantly the second it comes in contact with oxygen, the Hepatitis C virus can stay alive for up to 3 months in the same situation in a drop of blood. The risk of secondary infection seems to be quite high and nobody seems to have that information available for transmission to the general public … yet they DO show people spraying surfaces in various locations.

We can stay away from people or keep out of sneezing distance from them, but how do you know where they have been previously and what may or may not be contaminated.

Just wondering

Shalom

John

Just imagine this....12-15K visitors to IWA, all handling and shouldering air rifles, putting their face against rifle. Think how many people could be infected if one person had the virus and coughed while shouldering the gun.

Also, flying to Germany in a sealed pressurized tube for 7 or more hours.

Yes, more deaths from the flu annually but the flu is an embedded virus. The Corona is just getting started and is spreading faster than any other virus...over 89K cases in just a few months from day 0. Add to that it results in 4X more deaths than flu and you've got a problem.

I know I sound a bit over reactive but I prefer to think I'm being logical, given the facts....I work at a hospital in NC.

It IS a damn shame that the IWA has been cancelled, I was really looking forward to seeing the new products from the companies.

I had plans to go to Switzerland in June for an event and it will probably be cancelled as well...bummer.