• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

IWA 2018 predictions..

FX perfected some new in-house slugs and barrel liners. They will have a new gun too. Each barrel liner will be designed specifically for a particular type of ammo. The new gun will maybe be a super long range machine based on the Impact (Sniper Impact Edition?). It have a 700mm barrel with 1-14 twist rate and fire a boat-tail slug. FX just sent Matt Dubber down to Patagonia testing the new slugs, barrels, and the new gun with Claudio last month. His videos will be release the same time FX releases the news at IWA. That's my prediction.

"davidsng"FX perfected some new in-house slugs and barrel liners. They will have a new gun too. Each barrel liner will be designed specifically for a particular type of ammo. The new gun will maybe be a super long range machine based on the Impact (Sniper Impact Edition?). It have a 700mm barrel with 1-14 twist rate and fire a boat-tail slug. FX just sent Matt Dubber down to Patagonia testing the new slugs, barrels, and the new gun with Claudio last month. His videos will be release the same time FX releases the news at IWA. That's my prediction.
Now that sounds very convincing!
The new gun wouldn’t be called “Warcat” by any chance??? :)

I'd just like to see FX get the promised accessories to market to support the customers who've already purchased their rifles. The Impact has been out on the market for two years and it is still nearly impossible to get extra caliber barrel sets for it. Instead of more and more introductions based upon barrel liners or extra barrels how about slowing down a bit and supporting the people who bought your products? It mystifies me that Wildcats and Impacts don't have ambidextrous cheekpieces which would be so easy to incorporate. Fredrick Axxelson himself is left handed yet they don't have an ambi cheekpiece on these models. It would also be nice if FX would do more beta testing and design rifles that are less leak prone. User friendliness would help too. Get some feedback from real world users before jumping to the next innovation. For instance, why does the Impact not have more space for the quick connect? It would be as simple as a longer male Foster fitting or just enlarging the opening in the trigger guard to accept quick connects. FX is cutting edge in innovation and industry worst in reliability.

"Matt247365"Does it have to be FX? How about VULCAN Gen 5.
I think Gen 4 might be going on 1.5 - 2 years?
Love my Gen 4. Can't wait to see what they do next :)
Matt
Matt,

I'm with you brotha! Don't forget about one of the best bullpups on the market the AGT Vulcan. I have been in contact with Evgeny on and off over a year, and he is definitely working on something. He is very hush about it, but its not a gen 5. Its a Vulcan 2!