"It's the Indian, not the arrow," or is it?

To "Quote" a statement often made ..... beware the man who just shoots One Gun

Then you have those shooters that still shoot great with dang near any correctly set up gun

Thinking INDIAN first, his Arrows second.

Scott S

Agree, but it's still hard for the best Indian to hit anything with a crooked arrow.

also agree ... tho that would be an incorrectly set up bow / arrow combo ... would it not ?

To "Quote" a statement often made ..... beware the man who just shoots One Gun

Then you have those shooters that still shoot great with dang near any correctly set up gun

Thinking INDIAN first, his Arrows second.

Scott S

Agree, but it's still hard for the best Indian to hit anything with a crooked arrow.

also agree ... tho that would be an incorrectly set up bow / arrow combo ... would it not ?

Seems it would. I'd wonder just how much "curve" any individual might be able to see.

Read this a few more times:

250 25x is a perfect card. A 250 25x is light years away from a 250 15x. If you can ever shoot a 250 25x….you will have shot hundreds of 250 15s by then…at least.

That statement above is simple math. The curve gets so sharp at the edges almost no one ever gets there.

A couple competitors are going to be right at their peak on that day. And on that day the machine is top notch and making magic. Ammo is perfect. Trigger perfect. Scope crystal. 

mike

100% agree! Ammo is great! Though I changed the original scope to Vortex Crossfire II 4, and it became even better. 

Like we already know, oft times all it takes is one miss to cause a 2nd place finish so if we can trust our equipment that goes a long long way. 

Personally I've had rifles I used for FT that weren't capable of winning. POI shifts, not precise enough, too lightweight, poor triggers, those kind of things.

Then scopes and rings that had problems too. 

Equipment problems become annoying and when they keep turning up it destroys the fun factor for me because I know I can do better. At times I would have packed up and left because of equipment problems if I was just there to shoot rather than hang out with friends too.

I don't know anybody that wouldn't refuse using $1000 worth of equipment that was up to the task of winning and that the shooter was satisfied with. I darn sure would go that route and spend whatever extra $ I had on other things that I wanted in life. Most of the time that is not the case for us though. 

Therefore I've had no choice but to buy the best that I could because if I miss it needs to be my fault not any other reason or I might as well quit the sport, it's just how I feel. I'm fine with not winning (kinda, we all want to win, right??) but not because something failed in the rifle and scope system.

Competition is a chaos thing, I don't know how to explain it but sometimes it's a persons time to win??? I've shot what I thought was a mediocre performance and won, and at times really fought for a win and didn't. Practice does help but the match can have things happen in it, like mistakes, wrong wind calls, and unforeseen mishaps. Shoulda, woulda, coulda... 

Then there are shooters that are better positional shooters, so if there are a lot of those shots in a match the best positional shooter will most likely win.

I don't know who Drumsnguns is but maybe he is a former BR champion?? Those of us without much experience in the game are not going to be able to compete at that level. Some people by necessity or choice shoot bazillions of pellets every week, or have done so in previous years. We who don't will often struggle to be nipping at their heels.

We all look at things through our own unique lens of perspective, though some have their lens cracked a little bit😁 lol JK. I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken, haha 😄 There's a couple jokes to spice up our day, lol. Will I sell my nicer guns, nope, not unless I absolutely have too. I'm not going practicing all the time either, I will never be that person.