• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Its THAT time of the year again.

So it’s spring again. It’s THAT time of the year again.
After another long hard winter, when everything is wet damp frozen or chilly. Everything is muddy and it clings to your feet and sneeks in the house. Plants are dormant, animals struggling to survive, stealing themselves against the cold, while every moment waiting and hoping for the warm rays of spring.
But it’s spring now. It’s finally arrived. The warm sunshine beating back the chill, and THEN it’s that glorious explosion of life!
There’s a myriad of plant’s and bird life that all spring into action. Each riding that wave of energy that was held dormant all winter. All gracing this beautiful planet we call home with their colors and songs, while running a race with time to raise their clutch, or bloom and set seed, or protect that fawn from the roving coyote that is also seeking to feed its young. All part of that divinely inspired cycle that keeps going and going until it doesn’t any more.
Yes! It that time of year again. The wood ducks are hatched and the young are now swimming the river behind their mothers trying not to get eaten by the stripers that are also now running. The turkeys are done with their spring mating ritual and most of the young are now hatched. Most of the does have dropped their fawns or are dropping them now. The bucks new antlers are out past their brow tines. Most of the farmers crops are planted and many are cutting their first cutting of hay. The crappie and white bass are hitting and the smallmouth are on their beds. LIFE ABOUNDS!
Friends, if you’re like me your love of airguns stems first from your love of nature. If you’re like me you thrill at this cycle of life each time it happens.
Stop and let it soak in. We only get so many of these Here.

8F061279-0138-4A24-A98F-D93021C7D70E.jpeg

740FE709-8751-4D04-8B9C-787E5C24ED99.jpeg

I'm jealous! Nothing but dreary gloom here in "sunny" So. California for weeks on end. My usual hunting haunts are hardly worth driving to at the present time & Squirrel Schwacking withdrawal is driving me nuts! Your wonderfully descriptive post of the blooming life cycle where you are makes me feel even worse. Thanks a bunch! (In all seriousness you sound like a man in serious gratitude for the beauty that surrounds you. Good for you pal, enjoy it to the fullest! )