It's s##t being a Brit!!!

I suspect that once the US market orders have been fulfilled, FX's position may change.

I wouldn't want one; aside from the fact I think they're ugly. Too many lay people would assume assault rifle and phone the Police, who'd send out the tactical firearms people. Not worth the stress and bother.

I know someone with a .22LR MP5 look-a-like and the Police have been called out twice to him. One landowner refused him permission, and access through, because they perceived him as a loony tune Rambo.

FAC application can take many months, depending upon area, how busy they are, or even how inexperienced Police are....and then there is the applicant!. Currently £88 for first 5 years. The process isn't as bad as many people think. A reasonably intelligent person, without a violent criminal record, who can demonstrate a need for a firearm and show that they have basic firearm handling knowledge/abilities ..... should have no problem. You have to have a well secured cabinet etc, but that is a minor issue.

http://www.rojal.si/en/shop/airguns/air-rifles

When I was leaving in UK I was getting all my rifles and pistol from the above link...they were all FAC and I had no FAC certificate..many do it but nobody speaks of it forums...of course things might have changed now thanks to 9/11...I do not know...if you want buy a cheap airpistol like crosman so you can test the water's

Well...Just be grateful that you're not Swedish (3ft/lb energy law), Italy (5 ft/lb), Germany (6ft/lb) or Canada (10ft/lb).

And I suppose you should be grateful that you can legally hunt with an airgun, unlike many countries.

And that PCP airguns are widely available at a decent price. Here in South Africa they cost a lot...Import tax and weak currency aren't kind to us:)

I know that it is hard for some one to know all of the airgun laws in all of the counties of the world. There is no 10fpe regulation in Canada.
A person with a firearms license can have as powerful an airgun as is made, they can have as many of them as they want to and there is no need to register them.. The licence is mostly a safe gun handling thing with test very easy to get, although a bit of a wait to do. There is no need to justify why one wants the license or tell anyone how many or what type or guns one has. As long as these are not hand guns.. 
The confusion comes from the restriction for those who do not have a gun license but which most people who are interested in guns have.. Because of the way it's worded the real restriction for an unlicensed owner is 500fps in any caliber. So the owner of a 50 caliber airgun that shoots under 500fls does not need a license.
Red.

"Michael"It might be bit early to jump to that conclusion...

https://www.facebook.com/143016669176392/photos/a.175076352637090.56050.143016669176392/654952647982789/?type=1&theater

Looks like they just modded the Wildcat to shoot sub 12 FPE

"We are currently producing Wildcats for the UK importer ASI and we have some really good news for the UK market.
We have achieved to tune the sub 12ft version of calibre .22.at astonishing 300shots per fill"!
I think the original poster was interested in the Impact, not the Wildcat.

I read that. I just figured that since FX was able to detune the .22 Wildcat to sub 12 FPE, that they might be able to do it with the Impact since it will allow for even more adjustments (external power adjustment, external valve adjustment, external regulator adjustment). But then again I could be wrong since the Impact was designed for .22, .25, & .30.

"NeilClague"My understanding of the Canadian law is that it is 152.4ms or 5.7 Joules which a 50 caliber gun would obviously exceed. The law is confusing though if it only applies to people who do not have a fire arms license.
Well Neil you can gain some comfort knowing that you join millions of Canadians in your confusion The law was made to set a limit over which an airgun owner was required to get a gun license (called PAL). It can be approached from two directions, hence the confusion. Because the law makers used two measures, velocity and energy the question becomes is it both (and) or is it one of them (or).
You DO need a license (PAL) if your airgun exceeds both of the criteria. So a gun the is more powerful than 5.7 joules (4.7fpe) AND has a muzzle velocity faster than 152.4mps (500fps). BUT you could say you DO NOT need a license (PAL) if your gun is under one of the criteria. So a gun the is less powerful than 5.7 joules OR is slower than 152.4 mps. You see it depend which direction you approach it to decide if you use "AND" or "OR".
This has been debated on all of the Canadian forums and countless letters written. Trust me the example i\ gave is valid.
Red.