It's kind of a airgun

Sweet! All the way around SWEET! (huge smile)

For those who don't know what a Daisy VL is, here is a link to get you started: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daisy_V/L

Very interesting gun! But not sure it qualifies as an "air gun"... (sigh)

It is a airgun but isn't at the same time. It's a underlever spring powered gun that used heat generation with the piston pressure to ignite the propellant and fire the projectile. 

A airgun firearm???

Well, the air is ONLY used to ignite the propellant which drives the projectile, so... it isn't truly an air gun because the propellant is not simply "un-ignited" (is this a word?) compressed air/gas.

The compressed air acts ONLY as a sort of firing pin, so to speak.

In any case, it is a very interesting gun and I had never heard of it until this thread! (smile)

Thanks for posting and I hope the moderators WILL leave this thread up as it is a very interesting piece of "airgun" history.

Not so I was able to fire .22 Hobby pelets at around 450fps with a couple of mine. They ARE an airgun too.

Sweet! All the way around SWEET! (huge smile)

For those who don't know what a Daisy VL is, here is a link to get you started: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daisy_V/L

Very interesting gun! But not sure it qualifies as an "air gun"... (sigh)

It is a airgun but isn't at the same time. It's a underlever spring powered gun that used heat generation with the piston pressure to ignite the propellant and fire the projectile. 

A airgun firearm???

Well, the air is ONLY used to ignite the propellant which drives the projectile, so... it isn't truly an air gun because the propellant is not simply "un-ignited" (is this a word?) compressed air/gas.

The compressed air acts ONLY as a sort of firing pin, so to speak.

In any case, it is a very interesting gun and I had never heard of it until this thread! (smile)

Thanks for posting and I hope the moderators WILL leave this thread up as it is a very interesting piece of "airgun" history.

Not so I was able to fire .22 Hobby pelets at around 450fps with a couple of mine. They ARE an airgun too.

Good for you! I guess you missed this part of the thread? LOL!

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/its-kind-of-a-airgun/#post-1092328

The Daisy VL is an interesting gun. I had one many years ago and I very quickly discovered that it was not at all backyard friendly. It was loud (of course!) so I took it out to the rifle range and shot about 20 rounds. I've never owned a rifle that could match the Daisy VL for its level of inaccuracy. It was just horrible.

I suspect the accuracy issue was largely a result of inconsistencies with the caseless ammunition, and though I have seen them at gun shows and pawn shops, I never bought another. Nonetheless, they are, I believe, a fascinating chapter of airgun and firearm history, and are a worthy addition to anyone's collection.

The Daisy VL is an interesting gun. I had one many years ago and I very quickly discovered that it was not at all backyard friendly. It was loud (of course!) so I took it out to the rifle range and shot about 20 rounds. I've never owned a rifle that could match the Daisy VL for its level of inaccuracy. It was just horrible.

I suspect the accuracy issue was largely a result of inconsistencies with the caseless ammunition, and though I have seen them at gun shows and pawn shops, I never bought another. Nonetheless, they are, I believe, a fascinating chapter of airgun and firearm history, and are a worthy addition to anyone's collection.

I have two. One is pretty accurate at 40 or so yards. The other is not as accurate as the first. I have shot at least 100 rounds in each. It seem to help if you make sure the rounds are seated perfectly flush with the breach.