It’s a Trap!

So I am finally able to enjoy my new Revere now that I was able to locate an air source. I have been building my range in my back yard (actually just trying to extend my targets by clearing brush). My target is now just shy of 70 yards out.

Somehow I was talking to my wife about it on email today. I told her I like the rifle and would love to get another one but I am not sure I want to add to the overall costs right now. Then she gave me permission to buy whatever I want.

This might be a trap.... or maybe I should just strike while the iron is hot????

So I am finally able to enjoy my new Revere now that I was able to locate an air source. I have been building my range in my back yard (actually just trying to extend my targets by clearing brush). My target is now just shy of 70 yards out.

Somehow I was talking to my wife about it on email today. I told her I like the rifle and would love to get another one but I am not sure I want to add to the overall costs right now. Then she gave me permission to buy whatever I want.

This might be a trap.... or maybe I should just strike while the iron is hot????

Sounds like your wife wants a bigger back yard to me.

I would think that any extra money you might have available should go to pay off the newly acquired car loan before you buy anything else. Owing money for anything is not a good thing especially in this day and these times. That does not mean flowers and a dinner date are not a good idea though. Cuz they always are.

I understand and respect that position, but our relationship is odd as our finances have always been split ( I cover everything joint here). So her car, her payments. We were not looking for a new vehicle as I had just purchased one last year. Due to an accident that totaled her car she was forced to get a new one.

I would think that any extra money you might have available should go to pay off the newly acquired car loan before you buy anything else. Owing money for anything is not a good thing especially in this day and these times. That does not mean flowers and a dinner date are not a good idea though. Cuz they always are.

I understand and respect that position, but our relationship is odd as our finances have always been split ( I cover everything joint here). So her car, her payments. We were not looking for a new vehicle as I had just purchased one last year. Due to an accident that totaled her car she was forced to get a new one.

Things that seem strange to some are quite often normal for others. So a new car and a new gun then. ;^) Hard to beat that and I can live with it. Else I will need therapy kind of hard to tell which sometimes. ;^)

I don’t spoil my wife with material type things like jewelry, flowers, chocolates, as she’s not that type. She looks at those as money wasted. She hardly spends $$ on herself. No beauty salon trips, Starbucks, Macy’s sprees, nothing. 

What she does want is for me to build things for her. But, at my current physical situation I just can’t do that hard building anymore. Just painting the gazebo I built in 2004 took me 3 days, and I’m paying for it in sleepless nights due to pain.

i think over the 32 years of marriage she’s taken my skill sets for granted. I’m sure some of you handyman guys out there can relate

Hey Angie (LOL, auto correct did it again, it’s not me!)

AUGIE, just send me her to do list, I’ll quietly make it for you, come on over and pick it up and we can shoot all weekend. Then I can give you my air gun order list for you to order for me when you get home...You get credit for the build, she is so proud and happy with you, she gets her new stuff built to order and I get a new air gun! Win, win, win!!! LOL!

Have a great evening bud!

Stoti

Hey Angie (LOL, auto correct did it again, it’s not me!)

AUGIE, just send me her to do list, I’ll quietly make it for you, come on over and pick it up and we can shoot all weekend. Then I can give you my air gun order list for you to order for me when you get home...You get credit for the build, she is so proud and happy with you, she gets her new stuff built to order and I get a new air gun! Win, win, win!!! LOL!

Have a great evening bud!

Stoti

Thanks, Stoti , I appreciate the offer, but the structures I’m talking about, lol are concreted in, lagged down, solid structures. 2 years ago when our pond was dried up for repairs to the banks, she asked if we could have a dock built, so my son did all the muscle while I designed it, ordered the materials, and was the cut man for the lumber. 

So, how do I haul back an 18’ x 12’ dock from your place, ha ha! 

With me and my injuries, my wife is more wanting me to hand down my knowledge to my 23 year old, so learns how to construct things, and do it properly. I’m proud of where he’s at in that respect. Just two years ago he didn’t even know how to read a tape measure! Now he’s wrenching on his own vehicle, and he’s drawing up plans to build us a Taj Mahal chicken coop! He says he doesn’t want my help, so that’s a good thing! 

But i I still wanna come to your place, and shoot next to you and your boys!