• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

It's a trap! New to PCP

So with the cost of powder ammo getting more silly, along with even sillier rules for buying ammo in California, and then seeing someone with a Blitz, I thought oh hell yeah! We thought yeah, that sounds like fun and ammo is way cheaper for just playing around. I was shopping for a Blitz and ultimately talked myself out of it for now. Seems they can be a lil finicky and at least for now, I don't have any other PCP guns to play with so want something more reliable. So after doing what I pass off as research and my boss would call a week of sub optimal performance, this is what I ordered.

For me, JTS Airacuda MAX .22 with Hawke Airmax 4-12x40 scope.
For her, Umarex Notos with Bugbuster 3-12x32 scope.
Also a Yong Heng compressor with Amazon warranty :D

She wanted something lightweight and compact, Notos seems to be a good answer there, hard to find anyone that doesn't like it. I saw the Airacuda MAX and just kinda fell for it. It's nice looking gun and reviews make it sound like I'll enjoy it for a long time. Made giving up on the Blitz dream a little easier for now. I've heard the BLitz sometimes go on deep sales, if I can pick one up on a bargain, I'll do it. But for now my practical side has won.

I say my practical side won after spending over $1500 to save a few cents a round on ammo to poke holes in stuff. Yeah, it's a trap, should be a fun one though :D

I do have a few other airguns, but nothing like this.
Crosman 760 pumper. This is the gun I learned to shoot with 45 or so years ago. Found it in my father's garage and after a little cleaning and some oil, it came back to life.
Crosman 1377 pumper pistol. Also from my father's garage. I remember when I was finally strong enough to hold it out in front of me and get a decent shot.
I got my wife a Gamo break barrel for Valentines Day 10 or so years ago. It's not bad but it's heavy and long for her and she really doesn't like cocking and feeding it one pellet at a time.

Anyway.. Hi :)

Welcome! I can't speak to the first, but I think you'll love the Notos! It's perfect for 20 yard putts in pneumatic golf!

20230816_202837.jpg

Yep, the ammo is much cheaper and more available, keep telling yourself that as your justification. Kind of like the people that trade in an expensive SUV for a hybrid, taking a big loss to save money on gas.

Nonetheless, a very fun hobby that provides many opportunities to shoot in places and ways one simply can’t experience with traditional firearms, and yet to be regulated in the same ways. You can expect to meet and learn from a myriad of great persons on this forum, too.

Welcome!

So with the cost of powder ammo getting more silly, along with even sillier rules for buying ammo in California, and then seeing someone with a Blitz, I thought oh hell yeah! We thought yeah, that sounds like fun and ammo is way cheaper for just playing around. I was shopping for a Blitz and ultimately talked myself out of it for now. Seems they can be a lil finicky and at least for now, I don't have any other PCP guns to play with so want something more reliable. So after doing what I pass off as research and my boss would call a week of sub optimal performance, this is what I ordered.

She wanted something lightweight and compact, Notos seems to be a good answer there, hard to find anyone that doesn't like it. I saw the Airacuda MAX and just kinda fell for it. It's nice looking gun and reviews make it sound like I'll enjoy it for a long time. Made giving up on the Blitz dream a little easier for now. I've heard the BLitz sometimes go on deep sales, if I can pick one up on a bargain, I'll do it. But for now my practical side has won.

I say my practical side won after spending over $1500 to save a few cents a round on ammo to poke holes in stuff. Yeah, it's a trap, should be a fun one though :D

Crosman 760 pumper. This is the gun I learned to shoot with 45 or so years ago. Found it in my father's garage and after a little cleaning and some oil, it came back to life.
Crosman 1377 pumper pistol. Also from my father's garage. I remember when I was finally strong enough to hold it out in front of me and get a decent shot.
I got my wife a Gamo break barrel for Valentines Day 10 or so years ago. It's not bad but it's heavy and long for her and she really doesn't like cocking and feeding it one pellet at a time.

get her a HW30 , small , light , easy
Welcome to the best AGN

Welcome

Reactions: PlinkDaddy
Reactions: AmosBurton
It’s a fun hobby not a trap. I love it because I can shoot in my backyard with pellets and I just wouldn’t do that with a 22 rimfire. If you move above 22 rimfire in the powder burner world air gunning is def a money saver down the road. Even 22 mag or 17 hmr is very expensive and pcp equipment will pay for itself relative to any PB ammo except 22 lr.

Reactions: HubenK1Sniper92
That golf game looks like easy fun. I even have a bunch of those sticky rings around here somewhere. :)

That HW30 looks like a nice rifle, but it's a break barrel single shooter. She made it clear to me that she didn't want another break barrel :D

Not my first expensive hobby, won't be the last. I'm fortunate that my wife is generally just as excited to play as I am. It's not like I'm trying to trade the truck in on a Prius. :D But, have you seen the new Prius? I'm not sure I can keep making fun of them.