it looks like a Taipan Veteran 2 is good

The new Taipan looks like a great gun. I agree a forward lever that can be switched to either side makes it suitable for lefties. It looks like the magazine sits flush with the receiver but I didn't see a picture of the left side to be sure. That is the other point to check.

In what I would presume to be a similar price range you have the Prophet. It is also a forward lever and the magazine can stick out either side - your choice.

I love my P35s. They are a lot less expensive but I'm sure they are not made as well as the Taipan or Prophet either. They are under $500. The magazine is flush and they are front cocking. I have not done it but I saw a report that the cocking lever can be moved to the left. I like it on the right, I use my support hand, my right hand, to cock and leave my trigger hand in it's normal location on the gun. In addition to being cheaper, I believe they are also at least a pound lighter than either the Prophet or Taipan. The documentation is poor and there seems to be a fair bit of variability in the barrels. All three of mine shoot what I consider to be well but only the 177 and 22 work really well for target work. I think shooting targets against guns like the Taipan and Prophet is a pretty stiff expectation of a under $500, under 30 inch and barely over 5 lb air rifle, however. The Stoeger bullshark is essentially the same gun as the P35. I am not trying to argue in any way they are equivalent to a Taipan, just that they are another option for those of us who shoot from our left shoulder. I would expect to adjust the trigger and probably polish the crown of the barrel but with that little bit of work, it's reasonable to expect good "plinking" accuracy -good enough for cleanly taking squirrels at 40 yards or less - and to hope for target accuracy - better than 190 on the 30 yard challenge. I'm still hoping for a 200 from my 22 (best so far is a 194).

Reactions: Nattboy
always good for other options that are lefty-friendly.
Hate levers, cocking arm, and bolts on the right side,I have put up with it for too long.
I ask about the Veteran because I can get one at a good price.

I walked into a good deal on a Taipan long recently so if you can get one for a good price go for it. It’s a great rifle.

As far as other choices. There’s several bullpup choices for you lefties

The lever on the Kral Empire, Empire X and Empire XS can be changed to either side. And the magazine sticks out the left side of the gun like all Krals do so shouldn’t interfere with you southpaws.

The AGT Vulcans and Uragans can also be changed to either side. The magazines fit flush on these rifles also

And there’s the Kaliburgun rifles of course that can switch the levers to either side. Magazines look flush on these rifles as well.

The Edgun Layla 2.0 and Matador have double sided cocking levers. The magazines fit fairly flush on these rifles as well.

For the lefties that like the cocking lever on the right hand side there’s the Weihrauch bullpups. Magazines don’t stick out on these guns either.

There’s also the BSA Defiant. The magazine on the Defiant looks to be tucked in tight.

And then there’s also the Brococks with their semi bullpup configuration.

I’m sure I’m missing some but once you look beyond FX it seems to me it ain’t all that bad for you lefties out there. Yeah you’ll have to live with the smaller magazines but that shouldn’t be the end of the world. Do you really need a magazine that can hold half a tin of pellets anyhow?