• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

It it possible to re-configure this tank with a male foster?

It's a challenge to fill this tank from a Yong Heng, would be much simpler if it had a male foster with a check valve -

EDIT: no check valve needed, my bad!!
1681903369201.png

Last edited:
Do you mean like this?

IMG_2616.jpg

This adapter will screw onto the valve where your fill whip connects.

IMG_2617.jpg

This is the one I have, but I'm sure they are probably available from other vendors as well. I would think the threads are universal.

• Love
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
I prefer having the check valve, but it is removable...
Yeah - it can be helpful especially if your compressor pops a burst disk so your tank doesn't empty. I just got caught one time where I had one leg in the fill chain with no chance to bleed easily and it was a PITA to get the air out of that section safely.

I prefer having the check valve, but it is removable...

Plus you don't have to unscrew anything, just connect it to your fill whip
I have only seen male fosters that have check valves work in one direction. I must be missing something other than some marbles. What is the check valve supposed to do in the situation you envision?

Allen

I have only seen male fosters that have check valves work in one direction. I must be missing something other than some marbles. What is the check valve supposed to do in the situation you envision?

Allen

It does work in only one direction, but you could remove the check valve if you feel it serves no purpose. I never said the check valve is necessary so I am not sure where you're going with this..

Yeah - it can be helpful especially if your compressor pops a burst disk so your tank doesn't empty. I just got caught one time where I had one leg in the fill chain with no chance to bleed easily and it was a PITA to get the air out of that section safely.

Agreed, there are a few good use cases for the check valve being present. I like to fill my tank line with tank pressure, then let the compressor slowly over come the line @ the check valve to reduce the load and pulsation of pressure by doing it any other way.

Reactions: SteveV
I just purchased a scba tank and fill hose from a member here,,, I just ordered this check fitting today,, male foster to male foster, one way flow
hope the fosters fit my fosters, we'll see,, it was cheap enough
I do not know why the link goes to the middle of page,, scroll up if you use the link

Last edited:

Allen

The check valve would only be for filling the tank as a backup to keep from emptying the tank completely in the event of a failure between the check valve and the gun.

You might be able to simply replace the whip connector at the valve with a matching thread male Quick Connector using a Dowty washer or a teflon washer depending on what is inside that fitting once the whip is removed. That is what I did with my fill station. There is nothing on it but the valve, gauge and the male QC with a rubber dust cover. Much easier to transport with no hose on it, and you can easily insert a one way valve as desired between the whip and the fill station.

1682042958409.png

Last edited:
You sound like you probably want something removable. Like a quick disconnect and a male foster.

Screenshot_20230420_204250.jpg

Manloney LLC Universal 8mm Foster Quick Disconnect Adapter 1/8 NPT Stainless Steel Paintball HPA CO2 Air Tool Fittings https://a.co/d/0QwTcoP

Just be aware which direction the one way valve goes. Put it on, put hoses on, open valve and start compressor.

Allen