It is official, lead ban in Denmark

Believe what you will. or who. I’ll stick to the Scientific Method and the things that have gotten us antibiotics, cell phones, satellites, computers, clean water, lead free gasoline, vaccines (!!) etc. and I’ll stay away from the snake oil purveyors and anecdote quoters masquerading as scientists.

Lol I know exactly which sign is up in your front yard. "In this house we believe..."

I'm glad I moved out of that neighborhood into a free part of the country. Vaccines (!!) lol... glad I passed on that one. Probably the best decision I ever made in terms of long term health.

There is nothing new under the sun.

Lol I know exactly which sign is up in your front yard. "In this house we believe..."

I'm glad I moved out of that neighborhood into a free part of the country. Vaccines (!!) lol... glad I passed on that one. Probably the best decision I ever made in terms of long term health.

There is nothing new under the sun.
😂

Yeah.. Polio, Smallpox, Measles, Chicken Pox, Shingles, Mumps, Pertussis, Tetanus. OMG! Who can believe that Vaccines could possibly work…

Reactions: phillip
Well digging out the national bird, that will probably get some peoples gears going.
Mind you i do also think those birds suffer, and probably also from lead, i would assume over there you also have a great deal of fishing line discarded by irresponsible anglers, i know in the 90ties when i fished a lot here i often havd a pocket full of nylon line when i went home,,,, and it was not my own line.

Same go if we took a walk in the forest with our little RC scale trucks, i have even found still intact glass bottles that judging by the shape date back to the 30 - 40ties

I wonder how nasty it get when "those people" find out that the biggest of all problems are the number of us humans around.

Here in California any hunting with traditional powder burner fire arms must use lead free ammo. However, with air guns lead is allowed, for now at least.
Yeah, and California just started allowing turkey hunting with air rifle this past year I think but didn't put a power or caliber minimum on it. Now you have a bunch of jack wagons running around with 10 fpe break barrels and wounding the animals with lead pellets which then either the bird gets infections and dies, or has to be dispatched and tossed in the trash. The ones that become carrion get eaten by raptors and then they die from lead poisoning. Which was the point of not using lead firearm ammo.
I dont like the idea of lead free myself, but I'm also a responsible hunter and target shooter. The idiots that get these bans and regulations put in ruin everything. It's the old "one bad apple" deal.

Yeah, and California just started allowing turkey hunting with air rifle this past year I think but didn't put a power or caliber minimum on it.
Government,,,, aint it wonderful. :sleep:
And this is where i must tap out or you will have as wall of test in about 1 hour when i an done with my 2 finger typing.
As a not quite regular Dane,,,, i find there are a lot to say.
Though when i do i am often met with the "love it or leave it" RPLY,,,,, which to me is just a slap to the face with a gauntlet.

Yeah, and California just started allowing turkey hunting with air rifle this past year I think but didn't put a power or caliber minimum on it. Now you have a bunch of jack wagons running around with 10 fpe break barrels and wounding the animals with lead pellets which then either the bird gets infections and dies, or has to be dispatched and tossed in the trash. The ones that become carrion get eaten by raptors and then they die from lead poisoning. Which was the point of not using lead firearm ammo.
I dont like the idea of lead free myself, but I'm also a responsible hunter and target shooter. The idiots that get these bans and regulations put in ruin everything. It's the old "one bad apple" deal.

Pretty sure CA has allowed airgun hunting Turkey for like ever, technically turkeys are invasive. Only limitation is it has to be 177 or larger pellets, I’m guessing they are taking about no BBS.

Couldn’t agree more on the bad apple ruins everything for everyone else statement!

Why is there a lead ban for paint and also gas,does paint ingest lead and does gas smoke it?
Also what is up this the ban on mercury?
I was told radiation treatments can have harmful effects on my body ,yet I got 36 doses of it,so you see I am not afraid of any of that stuff,I actually think it can make you a stronger person.
Vaccines! Man get real.I love them and get as many as I can get.
I am still waiting for the one that can cure stupidity,actually they have already tried it on monkeys,problem was the monkeys got too smart,started a monkey union,went on strike and refused to be experimented on,now science has to use mold and yeast,and it has been reported that yeast is a lot smarter than the first humans.
Not to worry fellows, I volunteered to be a ginny pig on a happy drug experiment,my first session was yesterday and it seems to be working quite well.I know people have been using alcohol for years to become "happy",problem with that they can become quite Unhappy without it.
So you see ,you can please some of the people some of the time and some people are never pleased.

If anyone is intrested the Condor is not doing well because just think what one flying up and down the coast sees now compared to 100 years ago. Raptors in general are declining because they are loosing habitat and their food base. Too many small predators like racoon, opossum, skunks and fox. The very people and organizations that want to ban lead in bullets helped to create the problem by attacking trappers.
Some here are confusing lead and DDT. Soon as DDT was banned reproduction of eagels and condors began to climb. Lead was banned for migratory game birds a good while back. Unfortunately no creditable study can show that the targeted species have benefitted from it. The organizations that pushed for it lie about it and claim the birds are consuming hunters shot from before the ban. They want to end hunting as bad as help wildlife. Sad day for Denmark the hunters there are being blamed for something made up. And the wildlife will not benefit from it. True SCIENCE in time will prove it. But it will be suppressed not reported and you will be flooded with propaganda from the Audubon society, Sierra club and countless other organizations who just like them feel being credited for helping wildlife is more important than actually doing it. The world right now is experiencing an alarming loss of insects, amphibians, birds and mammals of every kind. And the organizations who we trust to help slow the decline spend their time and money attacking people who they know are not the problem. And ignoring what is. If lead was a problem banning it here and there would do no good saving raptors because they are migratory. Do you believe the organizations pushing the bands don't know that? How did the bald eagel a carrion eating raptor make the incredible recovery it did if lead from hunters bullets and sinkers from fisherman was killing them? They even make the claim consuming animals shot with lead bullets is harmful to people. Why do you think they do that? What scientific study is that based on? Just like all the others theirs. I have no ability to provide a link but if you type in. https:// www. Fws.gov you should be able to find a condensed version of of the U.S. fish & wildlife service of a study on threats to birds. ( lead is not mentioned ) dig around on their web sight and you will see a study on the affects of the lead ban on ducks and geese. Like i said have no idea how to give a link just tried and yeah it didnt work. Shame because it was the top scientist at usfg saying the anti are lieing about lead.
Google lead poisoning and wildlife and you will see countless stories by organizations like the Audubon society, US news, bloon.org the human society and others warning of the huge toll lead is having on wildlife and people. If you read enough of them you will see dire warnings about the effect shooting ranges and the lead there is having on people the environment and wildlife.

Last edited:
Always someone that ruin, just about everything.
In Denmark some years ago, as the ever present conflict among the people that have taken over after the biker gangs selling drugs.
Well a lot of stabbings was going on, though most often not deadly.
Anyway a knife law was rushed thru, almost making it illegal if you have a toothpick in the pocket.
Anyway X2. Since then stabbings have only gone up, and become more deadly, add to that very frequent shootings too, and they also become better shots nowadays.

What they should have done instead of that silly knife law was, to strengthen the already existing law saying you can not stab people or in other ways hurt people.
I would change it to.
1. Make a scratch in a person with a knife even if no worse than a cat could do = 2 years prison at least.
2. Make a wound in a person that require stitches, at least 6 years prison, as if you cut / stab the right places, well you do not need to plant a 7" combat knife in a person.
I would probably add to this 1 year extra for east stitch the victim had to get, and i would urge doctors to use many stitches.
3. Finally if you kill a person, well there are no shortage of Danes, and especially not stupid ones,,,,, so you can probably reason what i would do here.

Denmark are no different from our neighbours to the east,.

The guy that last week shot up a mall here killing one and wounding 2, well he only get charged with 1 case of murder and 2 attempted murder, but he fired many more rounds, and my logic compell me to think that any projectile discharged horizontal in a crowded place are a attempt to kill someone, so the charges on this guy, well i see them as a insult i have to admit,,,,, and i wonder where the viking genome have gone.

Last edited:
Reactions: darylm and qball
Living in the Communist State of California, it is amazing that state regulations allow air rifles to hunt with lead pellets. I have noticed that ground squirrels and feral pigeons haven't noticed as yet. Laugh if you want, but at the dairies where I shoot, cow methane is a bigger concern. Speaking to our state officials, farts are where they need to focus.

Reactions: qball and darylm
Just wanted to update this post in case someone else stumbles across it. The leadban is NOT going to affect airguns and rimfires in Denmark from 1/7-24. Airgun ammo and rimfires are axcluded from the ban. This will only affect ammunition for centerfire rifles used for hunting. Also as most centerfire calibers have pretty decent brass alternatives allready i doubt the 1-20 shots per year that alot of hunters do will make a huge difference. Also most training facillities will still allow training ammo containing lead, so it could have been alot worse.

qball -

WHAT ???

NO...place in California will allow solid "copper" ammo to be used, indoors or out..!! I've never even heard of more than one (maybe two) specialty (self defense ammo) ammo manufacturers that make solid copper ammo !
If...I'm not mistaken, I believe that you mean copper OVER lead ammo, or in .22 form, copper "clad" (plated) over lead. And even THAT's not completely fact. There's more than a few, both hand gun and rifle ammo that has exposed let (soft tip) at the tip of the slug offered, sold in California. Can be bought at any sporting goods store here.

Mike
Well Mike sorry your not correct on this issue at all. We have not been able to legally hunt with lead ammo of any kind for a few years now in the state of California. And there are many ammo manufacturers that do make solid copper ammo. I use solid copper in my 30-06 and 22Lr and 22 magnum, and I've used steel shot in my shot guns for an even longer period. If you want to lose your gun and hunting privileges just get caught with any type of lead ammo while hunting or any where in your vehicle while your hunting in this state.