It came pre-zero’d?

Today I went to zero the Athlon Ares ETR 4.5-30x I installed on my .25 Panthera 600mm PRS gun.
You might remember, I had an Athlon Midas BTR gen2 4.5-27x when I shot the Oregon Long Range event, but shooting PRS NRL-22 type positional shooting is better to have an FFP scope than an SFP scope.
So I installed Ares ETR yesterday, and put the ScopeWerks turret on the scope with the scope tape I took from the Midas. Put the 50Y mark over the “0”, and I was done.
Today I took a position with the gun shooting at 80 yards at a large steel plate, probably 8 feet wide and 5 feet high. Very rusty. I picked out a mark near the middle of the plate, after dialing up from 50 to 80 yards on the turret.
Took the shot. BAM 💥 Right on the mark. Exactly on the mark. What the??? I’ve never had this happen before. No clicks required on elevation or windage. Freaky….

IMG_1293.jpeg

Must be holding your tongue right?
Glad that it worked out Mike!
Yeah, I think some are reading this as if I’d taken the scope off, put it back on later, and it was still at zero.
What I was trying to say was that it’s a brand new out of the box scope that just happened to be zero’d with no adjustments. That’s why I said “freaky”… 😎

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
Today I went to zero the Athlon Ares ETR 4.5-30x I installed on my .25 Panthera 600mm PRS gun.
You might remember, I had an Athlon Midas BTR gen2 4.5-27x when I shot the Oregon Long Range event, but shooting PRS NRL-22 type positional shooting is better to have an FFP scope than an SFP scope.
So I installed Ares ETR yesterday, and put the ScopeWerks turret on the scope with the scope tape I took from the Midas. Put the 50Y mark over the “0”, and I was done.
Today I took a position with the gun shooting at 80 yards at a large steel plate, probably 8 feet wide and 5 feet high. Very rusty. I picked out a mark near the middle of the plate, after dialing up from 50 to 80 yards on the turret.
Took the shot. BAM 💥 Right on the mark. Exactly on the mark. What the??? I’ve never had this happen before. No clicks required on elevation or windage. Freaky….

View attachment 373334
Apparently you were standing on one foot and facing west while mounting your scope