• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

It arrived.....My new Element Optics Helix 6-24x50.

Okay originally I was going to get this scope for my Brocock Compatto Sniper XR, but I ended up changing my mind because the Helix was months backordered. So I decided to cancel my order for the Helix and got an FX 6-18 x 44mm scope, which honestly, for the money seems to be a great scope. However, due to a paperwork screw up the dealer forgot to refund my money, and had just gotten the scopes in, so I said screw it and said “send it to me and I will use it on my future FX Crown Continuum.”

The Element Optics Helix looks amazing, is well built, with super clear glass, has a solid feel and so I am sure that the Helix will look great on the future FX Crown. The reticle is a MRAD configuration.

1592406231_17373208045eea30d734b7c5.16328296.jpeg
1592406232_12816804865eea30d8314883.10845376.jpeg
1592406233_19282150815eea30d9afc5d8.45635422.jpeg

I got the scope from http://www.thehuntingedge.co.uk/. Really nice guys, and they apologized up and down on the refunding issues, but it all worked out. And I originally ordered the Helix the end of March / beginning of April, and it arrived yesterday. So that is a good solid 6 weeks, and the scopes were already on order for 2 weeks the shop told me, so why I jumped on the chance to get it when I could. The Helix will be sitting in a box for at least another month, but I took the chance to get one when I could because I know there is a long wait pierod.

Honestly, I don’t know if we will get the scopes quicker in Europe or not. One of the sales guys at Krale told me on the FX guns the USA market seems to be first then everyone else even though the sales guy said Krale is the #2 FX dealer in Europe, but I don’t know. I just know Krale was out the of Titan and Helix Element Optics scopes for a good month on their website. It is an absolutely beautiful store by the way and the staff very patient and friendly both in person and on the phone.

Also, I will do my best to review the scope, but the gun order is a month out. Right now the scope is taking up a corner in the gun safe. And one other comment, the size of box the Element Optics Helix came in is significantly larger than the FX Optics scope came in, plus the Helix came more goodies than the FX, but it is a 260 euro vs 400 euro scope. See the difference in box size below.

1592458539_17110298015eeafd2be06267.58625887.jpeg

Mine died yesterday. after about 10 hours of use,, so check yours now.

Windage from dialled right in to right out there are 31 clicks but only the first 20 move the reticle the last 11 do nothing

Elevation is the same from bottomed out the reticle moves for the first 21 clicks then stays put for the next 10 clicks.

More alarming though on the elevation the first 10 clicks also move the reticle left 1.5 mrad

It did work fine for a while - so check yours now...

Windage from dialled right in to right out there are 31 clicks but only the first 20 move the reticle the last 11 do nothing

Elevation is the same from bottomed out the reticle moves for the first 21 clicks then stays put for the next 10 clicks.

More alarming though on the elevation the first 10 clicks also move the reticle left 1.5 mrad

that sucks! They supposed to have good warranty so let us know how it goes. Just wondering how tight are your scope rings because the symptom sounds like the rings are over torqued and limiting internal movement. 

Time to see how their LIFETIME WARRANTY WORKS and if it's a repair or swap out for a new one (Make a note of your serial # b4 mailing the scope in) ask if they pay the return postage or if it adds to your total cost of ownership. Plus turn around time.

Even if scopes have LIFETIME warranties the cost to mail them with insurancr for warranty still adds to the cost of ownershipreship not to mention down time.

At least it's not a Vortex.