Ist Gen Umarex Gauntlet Wood Stock Options

Posted my Hajimoto modified Gauntlet for sale/trade and have had no bites so I figured I'd try and modify. I'm happy with the overall function but the poly stock is probably the aspect I least appreciate as well as the overall size and bulkiness.

I'm looking for a wooden stock option, searches don't seem to return much though I did see a post about a modification from a couple years back that I may pursue.

Thanks for your insight

EasyTarget,
Yeah, saw your ad, sorry you had no luck. Think the word is out on the long, heavy (some say, ugly) Gauntlet. Sad to say, even a sweet tune by Hajimoto won't change those facts. Worse yet, a person can score a brand-new Generation One for $265, if they search enough. Not seen a wooden stock offering, maybe have one custom-made? Suggest instead, like I've done, just enjoy it as part of your collection and move on to another that suits your needs better. WM

EasyTarget,
Yeah, saw your ad, sorry you had no luck. Think the word is out on the long, heavy (some say, ugly) Gauntlet. Sad to say, even a sweet tune by Hajimoto won't change those facts. Worse yet, a person can score a brand-new Generation One for $265, if they search enough. Not seen a wooden stock offering, maybe have one custom-made? Suggest instead, like I've done, just enjoy it as part of your collection and move on to another that suits your needs better. WM
It is a solid platform once the bugs are worked out, too bad about the cosmetics/perceptions. I'm typically not a collector, especially in NM as o-rings deteriorate in the arid warm climate. I've even pared my guitars down as climate controlled storage is required.
Guess I'll pursue the stock transplant for the time being.

I am no woodworker/inletter, so the adaptation is a bit crude, but here is a Gen 1 Gauntlet .25 in an AR2078 stock. Someone with more patience and skill could have inletted the tankblock vs just notching the stock.

It is indeed long and heavy.

JkyXCvI.jpg

Some , but so simple slight I could do it, modification to use any QB stock variety. An old DAQ (?) Walnut CR160 stock would be pretty,
Just the stock attachment bolt needed swapped for a '79 stock, bottle clearence on a 78 rewires cutting & such.
Made a HUGE difference for me.
https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/qb78-79-2078-stock-on-a-gauntlet.327625/

Keep us posted
John
Factory QB stock with flat bottom added:
QB stock.JPG