• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Issues with my Impact

Hi guys

10minutes ago i went out shooting with my .30 cal Impact, then I’ve noticed that it doesn’t sound as usual. It sounds like the reg is to high for the Hammer, but I’ve doesn’t changed anything. Then I put a shotstring on the Chrony and It only shoots at 840fps, but it should shoot at 899-900fps. Then I’ve turned the valveadjuster complete open an the speed stays low. What’s wrong with it? 😳

Regards

Patrick

Did you note the tune settings with a caliper? I would check your hammer spring block spacing and see if it has changed. There is another report recently of the setting backing out while shooting. My spacing is 15.17mm for the 44 grain at 920 FPS on a 700mm. 150 bar reg set point with no PP. Valve knob spacing is at 9.44mm for a general guide. No two guns are alike.

Also, check your C3 bumper. If it's the original poly O-ring, replace it with a Delrin washer. If the poly O-ring gets punched out in the middle by the hammer (common) you will lose velocity.

Vielleicht hilft dies

download.png
View attachment 1592153446_803099955ee655663a26f1.40073629.pdf

Did you note the tune settings with a caliper? I would check your hammer spring block spacing and see if it has changed. There is another report recently of the setting backing out while shooting. My spacing is 15.17mm for the 44 grain at 920 FPS on a 700mm. 150 bar reg set point with no PP. Valve knob spacing is at 9.44mm for a general guide. No two guns are alike.

Also, check your C3 bumper. If it's the original poly O-ring, replace it with a Delrin washer. If the poly O-ring gets punched out in the middle by the hammer (common) you will lose velocity.

Yes I’ve everything measured out with a caliper.

ill try that maybe it’s really that simple.

thanks mate!

Has the reg changed pressure? Still where it was last?

Has the little set screw on the hammer spring slider backed itself off? Is it real easy to turn or has some resistance?

Hi glem.

reg is at same pressure, that’s the first I thought that could be off.

ill try the hammer slider, luckily I’ve measured everything after my tuning session.

thanks bro!

Ich wurde die Hammer - Feder - Anpassung uberprufen … Ich hatte meine wieder mehrmals und es hat immer die Geschwindigkeit gesenkt. Sobald Sie es bekommen, wo es sein muss legen Sie etwas Finger Nagellack auf sie, um es von sich zu halten.

Shalom

John

Hallo mein Freund.

ich werde jetzt wirklich die Federspannung messen, dachte nicht das es sich von alleine verstellen kann.

danke für deine Hilfe und den link mit den troubleshooting Tipps. Bist eine große Hilfe! 👍🏻

Does yours have a delrin c3 bumper? If not you should upgrade to one and it should last a lot longer than the older rubber ones. The New ones are supposed to already have the upgraded delrin C3 bumpers as a longevity improvement so it doesn't get squashed like the old ones. Good Luck. Yo!

Thanks.

No, I have the rubber one.

its the mkI Impact.

now there’s the question where to get a delrin one as fast as possible, cause I’m located in Austria 

Check your local hardware store you may find something delrin that fits too in the plumbing faucet and automotive and general hardware o ring section if you don't want to wait for shipping delay. You can always buy a bigger one and file or sand it down to fit perfectly. Be advised by upgrading to better longer lasting delrin you may not be able to lower your power down all the way. You can get a couple of replacement same size o rings while you're there so at least you can get that Impact shooting quickly and know that its very simple to swap out quickly anyway now that you know what is the weak link. Good luck. Yo!

Check your local hardware store you may find something delrin that fits too in the plumbing faucet and automotive and general hardware o ring section if you don't want to wait for shipping delay. You can always buy a bigger one and file or sand it down to fit perfectly. Be advised by upgrading to better longer lasting delrin you may not be able to lower your power down all the way. You can get a couple of replacement same size o rings while you're there so at least you can get that Impact shooting quickly and know that its very simple to swap out quickly anyway now that you know what is the weak link. Good luck. Yo!

Found a seller on eBay and ordered in the meantime.

i think a have something similar at home to replace the broken one till the Delrin one arrives.

thank for ur Tipps!