• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Brocock/BRK Issue with new BRK Ghost .25

I was thinking about a BRK Ghost as my next PCP purchase and will follow to see how common this issue is. For the cost involved I would have expected something close to perfection right out of the box. Maybe this is unrealistic thinking?
Try looking at all the other posts about the rifle and Franklin's detailed post about it. I wouldn't hesitate to get another ghost.

Try looking at all the other posts about the rifle and Franklin's detailed post about it. I wouldn't hesitate to get another

Would you be so kind as to shake the Ghost from front to back and tell me if there is something loose in the rear cassette area? I still cannot get it to drop, the side closer to the barrel will not budge.

looking to buy the ghost, now with problems i have second thoughts
You will notice that there is probably not one maker or model of air gun discussed on this forum that does not suffer from some random failure or another. Don’t let posts here about issues scare you off of something you want.

Reactions: MysticalDragon
Would you be so kind as to shake the Ghost from front to back and tell me if there is something loose in the rear cassette area? I still cannot get it to drop, the side closer to the barrel will not budge.

You're likely hearing the free floating hammer. They're designed that way.

Your trigger is out of adjustment.

Follow-up: Something is not right here. This morning I did around 13 shots without issue, aired up the tank and put it aside for an hour. Came back and same initial issue. Absolutely nothing was touched. For fellow Ghost owners, when shaking the pcp from front to back, do you hear something moving loose in the rear cassette area?
Yes. I assume it's the hammer like my other rifles.

Reactions: Treks
Odds of it getting out of adjustment three times points to something backing out. Blue loctite when functioning again?

If the trigger adjustment screws have been extensively fiddled with at this point, to where they're loose in the threads, then yes perhaps they aren't holding an adjustment.

Blue loctite maybe, but VERY sparingly. If it migrates somewhere else it'll also cause trigger problems. And I'f you gob up those tiny trigger screws with too much, in the future you're likey to strip something before the cured loctite breaks free.

If the trigger adjustment screws have been extensively fiddled with at this point, to where they're loose in the threads, then yes perhaps they aren't holding an adjustment.

Blue loctite maybe, but VERY sparingly. If it migrates somewhere else it'll also cause trigger problems. And I'f you gob up those tiny trigger screws with too much, in the future you're likey to strip something before the cured loctite breaks free.
While I work on that, any guidance on dropping the cassette? Only the rear section closest to buttstock will drop an infinitesimal amount. Portion closest to barrel cannot be pried off without putting on man hands.

Edit: Cassette removed, used a plastic scraper like the kind for a real main seal. Took quite a bit of work, but got it.

Last edited:
The cassette fits pretty snugly. Don't force anything.

On mine, it works best to keep the edge of the cassette parallel to the frame of the gun. Ie, prying the front or back end of the cassette out first won't work. I also have to squeeze the trigger to get the cassette to drop. Your out-of-adjustment trigger screws are compounding the issue.

I'm not sure you even need to get the cassette to drop, just need to resolve the trigger adjustment screws. In fact, the trigger adjustment screws being out of wack are probably why you can't get the trigger cassette out.

I took the cassette off to observe the linkage and get a better idea of what was happening so that I could adjust the trigger screws. Everything worked out and I put around 200 hades through it. You all were correct in it being a trigger issue. Best guess is that it was border line when the seller shipped, border line after I adjusted it a couple times and now properly set within operating limits. I was only shooting 30 yards with standing monopod but pellet on pellet was rather doable.

Odds of it getting out of adjustment three times points to something backing out. Blue loctite when functioning again?
Send it back to AoA & have Shane go thru it. You don't want to blue locktite anything as those adjustment trigger screw ride on composite rods. The only place for locktite is the return spring sear hook. It will come back just fine from AoA. Shane will drop the cassetter & side plate to inspect then adjust trigger to factory setting.. Youll be good to go
Joe

Send it back to AoA & have Shane go thru it. You don't want to blue locktite anything as those adjustment trigger screw ride on composite rods. The only place for locktite is the return spring sear hook. It will come back just fine from AoA. Shane will drop the cassetter & side plate to inspect then adjust trigger to factory setting.. Youll be good to go
Joe
All good there, no loctite required. Best guess (and as someone else suggested) the trigger probably left AOA functional but on the bleeding edge of reliable. Something shifted in shipment and when I did incremental adjustments, I got it back to functional but still on bleeding edge (causing further failures). By taking off the cassette I could visualize the linkage and interaction with cassette and eyeballed the screw adjustments correct on the first go. Everything worked fine with yesterdays testing and again today. To their credit, Shane already had a return label in my email, but when possible I prefer to be self-sufficient and learn as I occasionally use PCP's for work and rather fix than ship.

Going to play around with the Ghost a little more, but think that I bite off more weight and length than desired for my use. I originally intended on swapping or reducing the 23'' barrel, but don't know if it would be enough. A sling would be helpful, but I still don't relish dragging that through thick vegetation. Depending how today goes, will either set it up as a dedicated mid-ranger / backup or start shopping for a Leshiy 2 (when they get back into stock).

Reactions: Jaxjax
Try looking at all the other posts about the rifle and Franklin's detailed post about it. I wouldn't hesitate to get another ghost.
After reading most of the opinions the Ghost sounds like an excellent platform. Any air rifle can issues due to one thing or another but as long as it's fixable there really isn't a problem. I work on all of my airguns out of necessity and with the cost of shipping now will continue to do so. It's a really good idea in my opinion to be able to understand what makes our airguns tick. The BRK Ghost is back on the short list. Are there any shops that stock the BRK line that really stand out in sales and service?

Reactions: MysticalDragon