• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Brocock/BRK Issue with new BRK Ghost .25

Just got a new Ghost .25 in the mail today and boy was I excited. 200bar with reg set to 150 and wheel at 15. When working the lever I do not feel the action cocking and pulling the trigger does nothing. The lever does travel its full length. Called the shop purchased from and they suggested adjusting the "f" screw on the trigger, followed by the "a" screw. No luck. It was then suggested to drop the cassette and check for pin etc. however I cannot get it to drop. I tried pulling the trigger and using gravity, nails, small flathead and bumping on a soft surface. No luck.

It will be going back to the shop on Monday, however wanted to check the collective brain of the forum as I will have the weekend.

For future searchers, this was a reproducible fix. After it started to work the first time I then went and adjusted the "a" screw to take out some of the travel. This caused the PCP to have the same initial issues. So I adjusted the trigger to where I wanted it, turned the Ghost sideways, backed out the two bolts that holds the cassette, brought the lever to the rear and held it while locking down the cassette bolts. When I tried to repeat holding the Ghost upright, it would not function. Only when turned sideways and once it starts to work, it continues to work unless tinkered with. Not an awesome first impression, but hopefully all smiles from here.

For future searchers, this was a reproducible fix. After it started to work the first time I then went and adjusted the "a" screw to take out some of the travel. This caused the PCP to have the same initial issues. So I adjusted the trigger to where I wanted it, turned the Ghost sideways, backed out the two bolts that holds the cassette, brought the lever to the rear and held it while locking down the cassette bolts. When I tried to repeat holding the Ghost upright, it would not function. Only when turned sideways and once it starts to work, it continues to work unless tinkered with. Not an awesome first impression, but hopefully all smiles from here.
When I did mine I went to the point of action not cocking then backed backed off a wee bit till it did & in the vertical position . Is your saftey still working ? That can need adjusted too if heavy trigger adjustments done on that Ghost. I would say someone tried to set the trigger up before you got it. Most of those adjustment screws on trigger ride on composite rods that keep them from moving easily of coming out of set adjustment. Sub12 has a video on trigger adjustment on that ghost & shows exactly how to adjust that trigger. He takes it to no cock & slightly back till it does in the vertical position. All his ghost videos are well worth watching.
Joe

When I did mine I went to the point of action not cocking then backed backed off a wee bit till it did & in the vertical position . Is your saftey still working ? That can need adjusted too if heavy trigger adjustments done on that Ghost. I would say someone tried to set the trigger up before you got it. Most of those adjustment screws on trigger ride on composite rods that keep them from moving easily of coming out of set adjustment. Sub12 has a video on trigger adjustment on that ghost & shows exactly how to adjust that trigger. He takes it to no cock & slightly back till it does in the vertical position. All his ghost videos are well worth watching.
Joe
Thanks for the advice, will certainly give them a watch. The safety is functional and the trigger feels pretty darn good right now (especially compared to the Atomic XR). I am excited to see how the dialing in goes tomorrow. Really wanted a Ghost carbine in .25 for pesting at sub 50 yards and AOA was kind enough to swap the larger bottle for the smaller 300cc. I started researching either reducing the 23'' barrel or going for a LW Poly blank with the 1:17 twist. I only shoot pellet and the choke / slow twist rate of the 23'' makes me worry that it wouldn't be a good candidate for reduction to 14-17''. Seems like a waste of such a nice barrel, but the heart wants what the heart wants.

looking to buy the ghost, now with problems i have second thoughts
There are few problems with it and its a solid platform.

Its sadly common to have an issue here and there if a guns not tested prior to shipping. Or people induce problems but dont admit it or understand that they did. Or you simply hear more about the negatives in the information age but you dont hear about all those who havent had a problem.

Well if this wasn't an odd solution. When putting the cassette bolts back in I had the Ghost turned sideways 90* and then cocked the lever. I felt the engagement and everything seems fine now. Up to that point I had only worked the lever in the normal upright position. Tony, you are my hero.
Tony Da Man!

looking to buy the ghost, now with problems i have second thoughts
I seriously doubt. there is anything wrong with it. They are super solid, reliable & extremely accurate directly outa box. You cab leave the factory reg setting alone as they respond to power wheel. Big diifferance between 15 & 18. IM fairly sure it's just a trigger adjustment that was ran to ragged edge & causing malfunction or did rather.
Joe

Reactions: MysticalDragon
I seriously doubt. there is anything wrong with it. They are super solid, reliable & extremely accurate directly outa box. You cab leave the factory reg setting alone as they respond to power wheel. Big diifferance between 15 & 18. IM fairly sure it's just a trigger adjustment that was ran to ragged edge & causing malfunction or did rather.
Joe
I am of the mindset that if I don't think about it, then it wont break again. AOA said that it fired and their original idea of the "f" screw should do it. I backed it out to the point where it could never had adjusted in just shipping. It was then suggested to adjust screw "a" incrementally, and I got the bolt to the point of wobble before I resigned myself to shipping it back. They did suggest bolt "c", but when I saw "DO NOT ADJUST!" in the owners manual I decided to just put the allen key down. Normally I would agree with you about the trigger as it makes the most sense, but having to turn the pcp 90* sideways for the lever to engage doesn't make me think trigger. The cassette not dropping probably has red flags around it.

Last edited: