• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Issue with hatsan vectis

I’m having an issue filling my gun with my hand pump, it feels like the air is not entering the cylinder of the gun. I pulled the pump apart cleaned and checked all o-rings everything seems to be working properly. Still the same result it feels like it builds a little pressure on the line to the pump but after that the pump gets springy like it’s just holding air and nothing goes into the gun. I also noticed that when I take the fill probe out there is a small hiss coming from the fill port. Anyone else had an issue like this before and anything I should look for when I take it apart? I’m hoping I can just take the fill port end off the cylinder and give it a good cleaning

I have a Vectis and the same thing happened to me. I happen to also own a Hatsan Bully. I tried the Bully Fill probe in the Vectis and it felt like a tighter fit and works great. I just miked the two probes and they are the same size, but I had replaced the o rings on the one that works and they are slightly larger od which is the only difference. I would suggest you go to the hardware store and get some new o rings. I can't help you with the leak.

It’s time for a pump rebuild. What does your pressure in the pump show? My guess is it’s around 500-800 psi, if even that high, and won’t build any higher. This is not a problem with the rifle. A PCP hand pump is a multi stage pump and only one stage of your pump is building pressure.

If there were a problem with the RIFLE (as you suspect) that caused it to not take air, then your pump would still pump normally and build pressure in the line up to 3000psi or whatever you are trying to pump to. It will also reach that pressure quickly with very few pumps that build in difficulty quickly, as you are only filling the micro line to pressure. 

When I was hand pumping I had to do a rebuild every year or there would be some crazy thing that went wrong with the pump. I started using silicone grease instead of oil as a lubricant on everything in the pump and it did make a difference on how long the rebuild lasted.

If you extend the pump and touch the shiny piston of the pump you’ll notice black nasty stuff on your hand. That black stuff is your o-rings that have been getting trashed. You’ll also see it in a ring around the bottom of the piston where the pump cylinder sits at rest. It is just the nature of the device. It wears out with the heat and pressure and friction it has to deal with to build the 3000-4500 psi. 

pnwairgunner- that’s exactly what was happening replaced a few o-rings, cleaned and greased all moving parts and it’s as good as new again. 

i did end up having a leak in the air cylinder, the o-ring around the thingy that keeps the air in by the fill end of then cylinder was torn and giving me a slow leak. Replaced that and my breech seal and it seems to be working fine. I’m letting it sit with pressure to see if it leaks.