• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

ISO backyard friendly but also able to shoot 100 yards +

I already have Kalibrgun Cricket 2Tact in .22 long but looking for another pcp rifle. (I might have the pcp bug). What’s out there that is quiet to shoot in small backyard (30 yards) and range shoot out to 100+. I only paper shoot but plain on getting KYL steel targets for range. I’d also like to stay with .22 and under $2000. And thoughts or suggestions welcome!

My Maverick is for backyard shooting, 30-35 yards at most. I have used it for rabbits and it's dead on at 50 and have no doubt it can reach much further than that with ease. It's a 25 cal though shooting 35 grain pellets and averages 72 dB. I have a Prophet Performance that shoots 25 grain pellets and it averages 82 dB. The Prophet is shooting about 90 fps faster so that's probably the reason for it being a bit louder.
My yard and my neighbors are surrounded by high shrubs which also deadens the sound. But a few days ago I was in his backyard in the early am eliminating some pests while he slept. I was right outside his and his wifes bedroom window and it didn't wake them up so I'd consider that pretty quiet.

FYI both have the Silent Thunder Ordinance Falx moderators.

My Maverick is for backyard shooting, 30-35 yards at most. I have used it for rabbits and it's dead on at 50 and have no doubt it can reach much further than that with ease. It's a 25 cal though shooting 35 grain pellets and averages 72 dB. I have a Prophet Performance that shoots 25 grain pellets and it averages 82 dB. The Prophet is shooting about 90 fps faster so that's probably the reason for it being a bit louder.
My yard and my neighbors are surrounded by high shrubs which also deadens the sound. But a few days ago I was in his backyard in the early am eliminating some pests while he slept. I was right outside his and his wifes bedroom window and it didn't wake them up so I'd consider that pretty quiet.

FYI both have the Silent Thunder Ordinance Falx moderators.
I will take a look at the Maverick. Had any issues with it?

For target shooting long range, you can't go wrong with a Taipan Veteran Long. Very accurate and backyard quiet with a DonnyFL Tatsu or Sumo.

I'm not sure about 100+, but I can (almost :)) regularly hit my 1" gong at 90 yards with my Taipan Veteran Long .25.
Nice! Thank you! I’ll take a look at one. Wish I had a local dealer that offers airguns!

I stepped up from a Marauder to a Impact M3 Comact and a Donny Sumo. 95 percent of my shooting is in the backyard in a Dallas suburb. Noise is not an issue at all and I could not be happier. I have taken it from 20 yards in the backyard and stretched its legs out to 140 yards with 18 grain pellets. I am still a rookie, but can tell this gun is capable of way more than I am currently am.

Reactions: Nightvisions64