N/A Is Your Favorite Pistol Your Best Pistol?

My favorite pistol could also be considered the best, or at least one of the best air pistols I own. The HW75 is my favorite.

Maybe they're not the absolute best pistols I own, but a very close second place goes to my S&W 78G and 79G. My all time favorite PB pistol is the S&W Model 41, and those two air pistols come the closest to replicating the look, feel, and balance of the 41.

They're also damn nice to look at.

View attachment 430059
Don't have a 79, but two 78's . I do have a 41 with two barrels the long 7 3/8 think I got the fraction right, and a shorter field barrel with a ramped red front sight. For casual shooting I like the field barrel best, it just balances better. One of my 78's is an earlier model with the adjstable trigger.

I also have a pair each of FWB 65's and 80's probably have a slight preference to the 80.

My favorite for accurate shooting is a IZH 46m, that trigger is something.

I have played with the Crosman 2400 series, the 2300S is extremely accurate

I recently got a Diana Airbug, picked up some CARM magazines and one of their single shot loaders which is a lot better than the factory single shot tray. It's honestly hard to beat, and more fun because I can shoot faster. The bolt on the left side and better loading port makes it more than twice as the Crosman's.

Reactions: Northwoods22
Are you sure you need ear protection with that guy? 😂
Yes the three ports on top of the barrel of the HP really put out a crack! Only airgun that makes my ears ring. I made a cover out of some Dynamat and ballistics cloth to strap to the top for plinking as I’m sure several neighbors can hear it otherwise. With the cover and moderator the ear protection is not needed.
IMG_E3851 (net).jpg

Last edited:
Yes the three ports on top of the barrel of the HP really put out a crack! Only airgun that makes my ears ring. I made a cover out of some Dynamat and ballistics cloth to strap to the top for plinking as I’m sure several neighbors can hear it otherwise. With the cover and moderator the ear protection is not needed.View attachment 446890
Wow shows what I know I would have assumed a target pistol with that moderator would be almost silent.