• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Is Walther Reign barrel choked?

I'd measure mine for you, but...I cut any possible choke area off !

1681510361762.jpeg

Mike

I plan do the same which is why I was asking lol
So...I assume that you are wondering about losing accuracy ?
While I shoot at shorter distances than most (under 25 yards), After my handy work, I lost no...accuracy. The same point of impact according to my "dot" sight, using the same 18gr JSB pellets. As I recall, no difference with the 14.3gr. JSB's .

Mike

Like you say, the new crown is the most important thing to do well.
90° chamfer, 30° chamfer, radius, deep, shallow...in my time (have cut a couple), it seems to make no difference, as long as it's clean and at a 90° angle to the barrel centerline.

The Reign isn't really a long distance shooter to begin with. Like I said, in the "trimming" of my Reign's barrel, I lost nothing but maybe a few fps of pellet speed. I didn't have a chronograph at the time that I cut the barrel to check it, before and after.

Mike

Like you say, the new crown is the most important thing to do well.
90° chamfer, 30° chamfer, radius, deep, shallow...in my time (have cut a couple), it seems to make no difference, as long as it's clean and at a 90° angle to the barrel centerline.

The Reign isn't really a long distance shooter to begin with. Like I said, in the "trimming" of my Reign's barrel, I lost nothing but maybe a few fps of pellet speed. I didn't have a chronograph at the time that I cut the barrel to check it, before and after.

Mike
I think you mean concentric to the bore.

My stepson has a Walther Reign. 22 cal. He was easily hitting soup and cat food cans, at 100 yards . On his you need to use 18g to 25g to keep the fps under 1000 fps. It's making around 42 fpe with heavy stuff. The 21g baracudas are around 930 fps and have good accuracy . I would say it's choked , the cleaning patch got a little harder to pull through towards the end.