Huben Is two, too many optics? 😂

I know...this looks crazy. And I don't mean to detract from the main thread...but how many optics is too many on a GK1? 🤣

1000012375.jpg

Basically, I got too excited when I got the A3 stock yesterday and threw a riser red dot on...to discover I can use both if I want to! I will be truthful...I felt like a bad@$$ for 60 seconds shooting pistol style then flipping the stock out and using the red dot.

This morning I went back to 'normal' mode and flipped the stock piece around on the a3. The two optic gk1 may come back though......... #flameon 😁

1000012378.jpg

Last edited:
I have found a dot useful paired to a full power scope for tree squirrels. Early in the season, there is a lot of cover; sometimes, a squirrel will pop up very close & the full-size scope is useless. I actually had one year that i took several squirrels at close range using a dot. Also, if you use a distress call, I have shot squirrels almost on top of me & the dot is useful. But for the most, it is a gimmick, but it is still kind of cool.

Reactions: M0ist0ne
I have found a dot useful paired to a full power scope for tree squirrels. Early in the season, there is a lot of cover; sometimes, a squirrel will pop up very close & the full-size scope is useless. I actually had one year that i took several squirrels at close range using a dot. Also, if you use a distress call, I have shot squirrels almost on top of me & the dot is useful. But for the most, it is a gimmick, but it is still kind of cool.
I hear you on this one. Many a time when tree rat hunting I wish I had run even an offset red dot for the 'close up opportunities' that present.

Reactions: Nutcracker
I know...this looks crazy. And I don't mean to detract from the main thread...but how many optics is too many on a GK1? 🤣

View attachment 436394

Basically, I got too excited when I got the A3 stock yesterday and threw a riser red dot on...to discover I can use both if I want to! I will be truthful...I felt like a bad@$$ for 60 seconds shooting pistol style then flipping the stock out and using the red dot.

This morning I went back to 'normal' mode and flipped the stock piece around on the a3. The two optic gk1 may come back though......... #flameon 😁

View attachment 436397
Not here for the optics,.....but do you have a link for that folding stock in the first picture ? and how do you attach it to the gun ?

Thanks a lot

View attachment 436394

View attachment 436397
Really loving those “minimalist” stocks. I just picked up your Rear Picatinny mount adapter (in addition to the RMR Mount and custom Pic rail adapter you sent me). Let me know if you’re starting to sell those stocks or of you have a link for them.

Reactions: M0ist0ne
Not here for the optics,.....but do you have a link for that folding stock in the first picture ? and how do you attach it to the gun ?

Thanks a lot
It got mine from optics planet, think they're sold out. Primaryarms had some left. Not cheap, but I love it. Totally worth it imo.

Perfect LOP. To attach, it is the adapter I sell--store link is in my signature.

I do have to modify the adapter very slightly for the a3 pic attachment method. If you order one, please leave a comment about the a3 stock if that's the route you go.

Reactions: Nomadic Pirate 66
Really loving those “minimalist” stocks. I just picked up your Rear Picatinny mount adapter (in addition to the RMR Mount and custom Pic rail adapter you sent me). Let me know if you’re starting to sell those stocks or of you have a link for them.
If you go the A3 stock route, pm me. I'll send you a revised rear mount.

Reactions: ChRiSiS

View attachment 436394

View attachment 436397
While these two optics don't offer a "co-witness" arrangement, which I think would be great in any shooting implement as a backup option. Imho, I think the two optics you have look fine, while in a carbine mode, but not so much if in a pistol configuration. For me, I'd like to have an optic mount that provides enough clearance (see-through) to still use the stock iron sights, or somehow configure the fixed sights to co-witness with a mounted optic.

Heck while you're at it, you may as well also add a (green) laser, tac light with HD camera combo - mounted under the tank for good measure like my ole shorty, eh! Once I get my Holosun with the Vulcan reticle and finally settle on which mounting adapter to get, it'll also be on there as well. *Please do disregard the feminine, phallic like apparatus sticking out, as it was the only small cal I had that would thread on, lol.

20240217_225140.jpg

Reactions: Modski66
It got mine from optics planet, think they're sold out. Primaryarms had some left. Not cheap, but I love it. Totally worth it imo.

Perfect LOP. To attach, it is the adapter I sell--store link is in my signature.

I do have to modify the adapter very slightly for the a3 pic attachment method. If you order one, please leave a comment about the a3 stock if that's the route you go.
Thanks I'll look into it, .......thanks again

***EDIT*** ......having said that I just saw the picture posted on the other thread of the BuckRail kit and I'm definitely going for that one

Last edited: