Is this why they call them "Red" fire pellets?

Just one chipper today, it was a slow morning. But I finally really HEARD the thud as the pellet hit home. When I went out to get him, it hit me just why they call them red fire pellets, all the "red" that comes out when you hit something with them.
tn_oct 7 chip 2.1602115853.jpg

tn_oct 7 chip.1602115897.png

I heard chipmunks are harder to hunt then squirrels? I don’t have any chipmunks in south Florida but I’ve seen a few videos on YouTube. Chipmunks don’t seem to sit still for very long.

They are pretty difficult. Compared to them, squirrels are happy-go-lucky - out in the open - here I am shoot me types, where chipmunks are sneaky, paranoid little ground (primarily) dwellers that skit around like they're on amphetamines. They don't always hide that well though, and sometimes you can catch them just under the edge of a bush or near a rock and they think they're hidden when they're not-especially if you're using a scope. They seem to like peanut butter and once they know it's there, they will literally sit still for a few minutes and give you a good shot while eating it.

So far, all of my chippers have been taken without bait, I just did an experiment with the peanut butter on a known chipper highway and once they found it, they stayed for a good minute or two until it was gone. Unfortunately the "highway" was in a "No-Shoot" area (the neighbor's yard), so all I could do was watch the little buggers stuff themselves.