Is this the end of Air Arms???? Video...

Seems like they're partnering up to capture some of th lower end market without compromising their own brand. Im sure AA did their research and had the option of distrubuting a Chinese line of guns as well. I'd like to think that they went with the ones that met AAs generally high standards.
I can definitely see the sense in that and if Air Arms ensures that the guns sold under their name are actually well designed and a good value then it might be a win win for both companies. Precihole gets to benefit from Air Arms reputation and Air Arms gets a cut of the profits.

The danger would of course be of Air Arms cashing in on their good name to make a quick profit and turning into another company like Beeman.

Actually I think it is a good match as that company was formed by an avid target shooter focused on quality and with the lower cost of labor that is skilled that is a great fit. This industry has grown with rapid innovation, competition so the old UK firms whom started the industry need to retool to keep up. Having lower labor is huge and Indian people are hard workers with good ability to learn this kind of trade. Remember now the market is advancing with reliable semi-auto technology, much more capable products with much larger power and accuracy. UK companies have always produced quality but to me they are falling behind so this is a good way to keep competitive especially if they do not innovate that much and just stick with field target and low power technologies they need to do something or they will be fading away...

Reactions: DevilsLuck
I can definitely see the sense in that and if Air Arms ensures that the guns sold under their name are actually well designed and a good value then it might be a win win for both companies. Precihole gets to benefit from Air Arms reputation and Air Arms gets a cut of the profits.

The danger would of course be of Air Arms cashing in on their good name to make a quick profit and turning into another company like Beeman.
I thinking the same ..... hopefully they want go the way Beeman went...

I was at the show yesterday and had a look at the AA stand, there is a world of difference in the fit an finish between the two brands. To be fair there is a big difference in price too.

Bb
How was the fit and finish of the branded AA rifles made by precihole? Or are you referencing the AA branded precihole manufactured rifles in this comment?

How was the fit and finish of the branded AA rifles made by precihole? Or are you referencing the AA branded precihole manufactured rifles in this comment?
There were two display walls, one with the more recognisable AA airguns (tx200, s500 etc) the bluing, block anodising and stock finish were all to the usual high standard.

The other wall had models that I had not seen before, the general finish felt a bit more scratchy and some of the corners were less refined but overall the appearance looked ok.

Reactions: ThomasT
There were two display walls, one with the more recognisable AA airguns (tx200, s500 etc) the bluing, block anodising and stock finish were all to the usual high standard.

The other wall had models that I had not seen before, the general finish felt a bit more scratchy and some of the corners were less refined but overall the appearance looked ok.
Yes I understand there are two walls. In the video she describes the x200 series and the features and says they are Air Arms branded but manufactured by precihole and on the same wall as the precihole branded rifles. So it sounds like the Air Arms branded rifles that are manufactured by precihole will be lower quality. Thats not a surprise but I wonder how much cheaper the AA branded precihole rifles will be than the AA branded and AA manufactured rifles. I guess AA wants to get into the lower cost more budget side of pcp rifles. I have to wonder why a company like AA would want to dirty up their brand with lower quality AA branded rifles instead of just importing the lower quality brand keeping the precihole brand separate from the AA brand.

I could be wrong but I bet the price of the AA branded precihole manufactured rifles will be higher price than precihole branded rifles even tho the quality will be basically the same.

Yes I understand there are two walls. In the video she describes the x200 series and the features and says they are Air Arms branded but manufactured by precihole and on the same wall as the precihole branded rifles. So it sounds like the Air Arms branded rifles that are manufactured by precihole will be lower quality. Thats not a surprise but I wonder how much cheaper the AA branded precihole rifles will be than the AA branded and AA manufactured rifles. I guess AA wants to get into the lower cost more budget side of pcp rifles. I have to wonder why a company like AA would want to dirty up their brand with lower quality AA branded rifles instead of just importing the lower quality brand keeping the precihole brand separate from the AA brand.

I could be wrong but I bet the price of the AA branded precihole manufactured rifles will be higher price than precihole branded rifles even tho the quality will be basically the same.
Yeah. I can totally understand why they are doing this, but I doubt anything good will come from it. It’s hard to build the kind of reputation that a company like Air Arms has and easy to destroy it.

Reactions: WoodWelder