• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Is this scammer that good? New level?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lighting is from two sources, incandescent coming from the left and natural light from the right.both look the same in each pic.
Like I said, i don't know anything about the seller or the value, or not, of the gun. IMO it's not a photoshopped pic.

Agreed, and it looks like, from the shine on the stock and shadows thrown by the grip and bottom of the stock that both pics was taken with a flash. 

He wnated to get this done, didnt bother to line the paper up or align it in a way that made it easy to read..... The trun off for me on this ad is the two zip ties..... trust 12 cents worth of plastic to hold over 1000 dollars woth of gear? uh, no. And its a distinct possiblity that gun has been dropped due to the zip ties failing or coming loose.... Pass....

Good info. Hate a thief. Hope he burns. 

AC8B5456-77AD-46CB-8834-D944B9B1A779.1644543232.png

In case you are wondering what is the loophole in paypal goods and services. It's fake tracking numbers. Got scammed buying Knipex pliers. Thought it was a real website but no order confirmation and no communication. Filed paypal dispute. Seller provides tracking number. I track it shows delivered in my city. I never got it and suspected that it wasn't even sent to me. Tracking showed shipped a day before I ordered. Finally got someone at UPS to confirm package wasn't adressed to me but would not give up any other info. Finally got paypal to refund my money but it was touch and go. Had to explain the scam and show websites talking about this problem.

Reactions: fe7565
Well. I would have bet that the handwritten note was NOT photoshopped. But certainly it was a god job. Criminals have a lot of time on their hands, and even if they are the bottom scum of society, they are younger and more savvy. One potential giveaway is the constant "Sir" used. Way overdone, kind of third-world-ish. 

But the best advice given above is that you need to call that person and if possible facetime. etc. Also, it came up here before, but using Escrow is an option although it will cost more. 

PayPal and scams

They don't have to use a fake tracking number - can just send any package - empty envelope for instance but to the wrong address and provide the tracking number to PP if a complaint is filled - they don't even have to provide the address it was sent to.

PayPal dispute service will then tell you you need to work it out with the seller - it takes consistency and lots of messages to get someone to listen.

PP actually encourages scammers by not following threw with complaints about scammers.

About a year ago I posted something on Face Book to try and get people that have been scammed or know of scam sites to complain to PP in hopes they might change their policies or be more resilient on scammer claims. 

I guess someone at PP complained about the post and they put me in FB jail for about 2 months.

I refuse to use PP unless Im forced into it.

I don’t like to speak in absolutes, and have no clue if the photo is photoshopped. I guess I glanced over that it was another members photo, I’ve been watching the thread since it started so I have a tendency to miss a post without reading it all at once. I also have no skin in this game and bring no info to spotting a scammer, so I don’t see where it’s relevant to point out IF I think he’s a scammer or not. I was just pointing out this is one of our own who turned to a life of crime! 

Beau

I am gun tuner from the Uk and know a little about this technology….

Im at 80% this is a photoshop. I blew up the image 200 % and sharpened the pixelation. Look toward the pistol grip.

Around the front of the pistol grip is a radius, its quite faded as it blends round due to the light bouncing off the polished woodwork, but the paper is stopping beyond the radius at the solid line of the front of the grip…..Im not happy about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.