• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Is this normal?

Not for me and my .25s I used to have to clean every 100 shots but now I am at 600+, before accuracy drops off and I have to clean, with both my stx pellet barrel and the 700mm slug barrel. I also noticed the slugs fit tighter as the shots go by. They get so tight I wonder how they even make it out of the barrel but they are still shooting in the 960-980s. I can only dream of what you have.

I've put 3,000 pellets through my 30 caliber impact and never cleaned it and 4,000 through my crown continuum in 25 and never cleaned either.. both will still hit a penny at 75 yards all day long... also I have never had to have them serviced for anything at all... Is this normal or have I been lucky the last year?

Strelo32,

The less you mess with your guns, the more normal that is...Both of those guns are first class, I don't have personal experience with the crown but I do with the Impact...I have 2 of them after accidentaly destroying another one nd other than a minor seam issue with an o-ring that had a mold seam and slowly leaked, both guns behave pretty mucch like yours: Very precise tight groups...

I have shot 350-400 pellets before cleaning them without losing precision; I cleaned them as a benchrest practice for precision, but like you, neither gun was in need of cleaning. 

Regards,

AZ