• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*

Is this concept printable?

Thanks for the feedback, Mr.H

The design with the 50 mm nose OD exists, if you wanted to try it. The one you have has the 40 mm nose OD.

That said, if one gets the same dB readings for different systems, one needs to consider the possibility that your meter is so close, that it is maxed out to the same reading. Perhaps you can try again at twice the distance from the meter? Ensure that the meter is not so close to the trap that the trap's noise is louder than the report, or that would measure the same for both configurations.

Makes me wonder if my Tesla Valve layout needs to look more like OldSpook's. Something like this:

1707240219101.png

1707240249810.png

I have designed another version of this insert for Mr.H. Rather than stuffing the tube full of Tesla Valves, it incorporates a section similar to OldSpook's Ember LDC: There are two Tesla Valves, separated by a significant open chamber.

Ahead of the first TV is a reflex air stripper to feed the rear of the shroud, and to reduce the exposure of the pellet to the initial uncorking turbulence just ahead of the barrel muzzle.

Following the Ember-like TV section, the large vented frontal chambers are retained from the original design.

I hope that OldSpook sees this copying of his design as an endorsement, rather than as theft. This copy would have been closer to the original intent, if the tube ID was 33 mm, rather than the 22 mm in my design. So, this means that the smaller tube ID does not support as high a bypass vent area ratio, compared to the baffle bore diameter as OldSpook deems ideal.

That said, I think it may be worth trying this version to see if it is better or worse than the version Mr.H has in hand. I sent the print file to TorqueMaster, should there be interest.

1707308892383.png

1707308903840.png

1707308917947.png

1707308932684.png

1707308954792.png

Reactions: OldSpook
Time for an update on this thread. I got the V.2 unit the other day, plus another unit for a .22 Daystate Huntsman Revere.

I’m calling the V.2 unit S-TrQ

Reactions: subscriber