• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Is this a legit business?

saveoutdoorsports.com in Lehi, Utah 

Never heard of them.

Never heard of them, but factors to consider are: social media presence (how long?), are they an accredited business with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and in good standing?, Are they a legitimate business? Meaning have they filed, formed a company, and obtained a sales and use permit to operate in their state?, Do they have good online reviews that come up in a search engine (Google) search?, What have other Airgun Nation member said about the business in question?

In a brief scroll through of their Facebook page I noticed that they have posts dating back to 2014, Although they are NOT accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB) they have a 2.3 star (out of 5 ) rating. 3 comments on the BBB site and 2 of the 3 are negative, all from 2020. Next I found this AGN 2021 post regarding the company https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/saveoutdoorsports-com/ I found all of this info in about 10 minutes.

To answer your question, I'd stay away just based on that. Moving forward, the aforementioned factors are things to consider before purchasing from a company. Also I think it's a good idea to read online reviews of a company you've never dealt with. 

I haven't heard of them either, but I always try to do my research before giving my hard-earned money to any business. Have you tried looking at their reviews online? That might give you some insight into the legitimacy of the company. I always do my due diligence and not be scammed by some questionable firm. It's better to be safe than sorry. I recently wanted to start my own business and needed ria valuations as the first step to my succession plan. You should also appraise that business to see if it's legal.

Last edited:
There a band of save the planet Mormon's :D
Screen Shot 2023-03-13 at 3.21.38 PM.jpg

This thread dates back to 2021, but thought I'd add my two cents in case it helps someone down the line. Verifying the legitimacy of an online business is always a relevant topic, especially with the proliferation of online shops.
If you're still in doubt or for anyone else stumbling upon this thread, one way to check a business's legitimacy is through their broader online presence—think social media, customer reviews, and any other public endorsements. Checking with consumer protection agencies like the Better Business Bureau can also offer insights.
For those still unsure, you might consider consulting with insolvency experts. They can offer a deeper look into a company's financial health, even if they aren't currently facing financial difficulties.

Last edited:
Reactions: Northwoods22