Is there such thing like an air guns range? In Austin?

Hi folks,

I know there is plethora of shooting ranges in Austin. But I wonder if there is a range specifically for air guns? I understand that it is unlikely to be a commercial shooting range specializing on air guns only due to much smaller market share. But maybe there is a club-like for air guns enthusiasts?
And what is your thoughts in general about the need of such type of range?

Reactions: Bandito
Oh, you must be new to Texas. An hour and a half drive to shoot is practically next door. There are some guys in the Austin area that shoot on their properties. Come out to some field target matches and you might get to meet them. We have matches on the 4th Saturday in Arlington. Ron has matches on the first Saturday near Waco. I can't recall the schedule for the Boerne matches, maybe the 3rd Saturday?

No airgun ranges in Austin; however a bit of related trivia.

Central Texas Airgun Club (originally based in Austin) was the first field target competition club in Texas. Our first matches were held on a property outside Dripping Springs, later Bastrop, then Somerville, and lastly at my property outside Waco where I still stage field target and extreme field target competitions under the banner TEXtreme Airgun Sports; including annual Grand Prix events and State Championships attracting airgun competitors from six states (and counting).

Full Group GP.jpeg

Lane 9.jpg

If interested, call, personal message, or email me for more information-
TAS card.jpg

Hahaha, indeed:)

I am aware of Texas distances, I'm not as new to Texas. But still not used to the fact that you have to spend whole day driving the car just to get out of Texas, no matter in what direction you're going)
You should consider your self lucky to have places close by , closest to me is 2.5 hours @ 70 to 80 mph . nearest air gunner to me is 1.5 hours same speed .

You should consider your self lucky to have places close by , closest to me is 2.5 hours @ 70 to 80 mph . nearest air gunner to me is 1.5 hours same speed .

There's a song titled 'You Have A Fast Car'. You obviously need a faster car, BT.

Cyberness, your screen name suggests you could make the mistake of buying a fast electric car. Just remember your own quote, "you have to spend whole day driving the car just to get out of Texas, no matter in what direction you're going". That would mean a whole day driving, plus three days charging.

Welcome to Texas. I'd recommend a fast V-8 PICKUP. 🤠

Reactions: BABz58