• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Is there problems with the optics?

Go to AOA their fill chat calculator using an 80 cu ft tank with a 3000 psi fill shooting 2000 to 1000 psi figuring the Disco tube at 135 cc it states 82.7 fills on a comparison the Marauder with an 88 cu ft will get 60 plus fills from a 4500 fill. ajshoots would probably be the resident Crossman/benji guy and he just posted about the Maximus. Basically same gun with a plastic stock. All my friends that had a chance to shoot it preferred it over the Marauder with a heavier scope. with a bugbuster the gun comes in a tad over 6 lbs. You'll see them used or refurb, excellent results from Benjamin with the refurbs and in terms of durability the gun is tops. Some add additional bands, the trigger is a bit chunky. There are simple screw mods on YouTube and they are easily modded. Have fun in your choosing

i think the disco gets about 28, or 38 (cant remember) full power shots in 177 and about 20 or 30 in 22. the yellow forum has pretty precise numbers on what it can do but this is off the top of my head, and my memory just isnt what it used to be

a decent cheap LDC for the discovery will run you anywhere from i believe 60, seen them sell in the classifieds on the yellow for cheaper, ive seen scope, gun, ldc, sell on the yellow classifieds before for 400 flat. still need to get a pump.

a used disco is probably going to be your best bet, especially if its being sold by a reputable forum member with traceable results as a lot of members post just about everything, problems included.

if the maximus is the same thing as the disco, id look into that as well if weight is a concern. i know the synrod ive shot is a great rifle. shot both 177 and 25. and benjamin makes some decent rifles.

did you buy a 177 nitro piston? as i know dicks doesnt carry anything in 22 here.

You are correct REAPER0D, Dick's Sporting Goods does not carry 22. As a matter of fact the sales agent told me that he was not sure if Dick's sells any 22 ammo. I did not see any on the shelves.

I did order a Crosman Nitro Venom NP, .22 with scope at Walmart. It should be delivered to the store by October 4. I'll see how I like it then. In the mean time I had to use my 35 Y/O Crosman 1200 Classic to shoot 10 pigeons off the roof. I think that the gas chamber is starting to leak on me, hearing a sound after pumping. Will take it apart and see if I can fix/replace something. Never took one apart before.

Search on the yellow forum about rebuilding the 2100, i remember seeing a individual posting some valve and plunger upgrades that are easy to do on there a few years ago. Just type in crosman 2100 rebuild. And do the same but search upgrades.

I personally started 50y+ shooting a few years ago with a 177 daisy 880s and a 3-9x32 centerpoint scope. Can get pretty consistent 1" groups at 50y with wascutters.

Stepped up to a p12 and wont go back to 177 now