• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Is there one gun to do both FT and Benchrest thats entry level?

Walther LGV .177. Other springers more accurate than my Avenger at 50 yards would be the HW97K and the Air Arms Pro Sport. I'm impressed with the features that come with the Avenger, but in my experience, competition accuracy is not one of those features.

Appreciate the tips. I guess the Walther is only available second hand now? The HW97K and AA Pro Sport seem like a lot of money to spend, but I know it's like any other sport where once you get to a certain level, you are able to appreciate quality equipment more.

What's the cheapest break barrel you think would do the job? Keep in mind I was never good at shooting a springer on target. I might even see if I can tune my Beeman Commander way down for FT because I would probably shoot it better !

Bramezy, since you were dreaming a bit about a Thomas, I thought I'd mention you can do the same thing with a Rapid Air Weapons (RAW) rifle. One action will fit into either a FT (well, actually a sporter) stock or a benchrest stock.

Just saw you bought the Marauder. (fMaybe I should read these threads!) Good choice. Welcome to FT.

Chas