• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*

Is there anyway to rehab a smooth twist barrel?

I bought a FX Impact that has the smooth twist barrel. After I got it home, I discovered that there were a few pellets lodged in the barrel. I eventually got them out but either my efforts or the efforts of the previous owner did something to the smooth part or the rifling at the end. It will shoot a flyer or 2 then settle down for a few shots, still not one on top of another but about an 1" to 1.5" group then start flying again. This at 12 yds. Any suggestions? Thanks

Had that happen to my wife's Dreampup. It was pellet on pellet before, but after I finally got those pellets out, it never shot well again. I finally bit the pellet (🤣) and purchased a whole new barrel from Utah Airguns and replaced the whole thing. It was definitely worth it. So I guess my 2 cents answer is I doubt you can repair the liner. Just replace it.

Reactions: MEC17670
Push a pellet down the barrel with a wooden dowel or cleaning rod and feel for tight and loose spots.
If it is just a bit loose you may be able to polish/lap it, to make it more even, all the way down to the rifling. This may make it shoot better although your preferred pellet will likely change.
If you find it is overly loose at the area you mention you will likely need a new barrel.

Reactions: MEC17670
Target at 12 yds

target.jpg