is there a secret method or tool

The only Daystate rifle I own is a Red Wolf. The barrel is so easy to remove, I don't even try to replace the breech seal with the barrel in place. Once you slide the barrel off, it is much easier. It is not a naturally intuitive process, but you'll get the hang of it. Secret tool....a bit of good bourbon. After you have squeezed the new O ring into the breech, any small tool without sharp edges will work, like a small hex wrench. Just keep moving it around until it pops into place, then finish your bourbon. Always a good idea to have a little extra in reserve, both O rings and bourbon. 

The only Daystate rifle I own is a Red Wolf. The barrel is so easy to remove, I don't even try to replace the breech seal with the barrel in place. Once you slide the barrel off, it is much easier. It is not a naturally intuitive process, but you'll get the hang of it. Secret tool....a bit of good bourbon. After you have squeezed the new O ring into the breech, any small tool without sharp edges will work, like a small hex wrench. Just keep moving it around until it pops into place, then finish your bourbon. Always a good idea to have a little extra in reserve, both O rings and bourbon.

Do you think this method would work with a small modification? I don't have any bourbon, but I do have a nice supply of peach moonshine.

James

Do you think this method would work with a small modification? I don't have any bourbon, but I do have a nice supply of peach moonshine.

James

Well, it just might, of course you might go blind before you get it in. In that case, you won't need it anyway, and you still have your moonshine. Hard to see a downside there. But, it's also an excuse to buy some good bourbon!

Ed

Don't know the rifle under discussion here, but some safeties cannot be engaged when the bolt/lever is open. But, that is just basic, stay away from the trigger if the action is open and cocked.

Understood, elh0102

Strever ((OP) has a Daystate Wolverine which has many similarities with the Regal

On my Regal the safety can be engaged before & after cocking, no matter the position of the bolt.

Probably a moot point as he may have learned from the video how to remove the barrel.

Ed

A friend showed me this. 

20200821_112629.1600788338.jpg
20200420_195430.1600788574.jpg

This is a dental pick set from Harbor Freight for $2.50. Bent the tip near 180 and to slight angle. Push down beside the oring and rotate carefully and work under the oring, then pull out. Takes 10 seconds once you see what you need to do. If careful, you can reuse the oring. I remove the breech oring for every barrel cleaning. . Pull through or rod. I bought several sets to have one in cases and on bench.

Bob