• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Is there a reason why the Impact's cheek rest

is only suited for right handed shooters?? 

If the cheek piece also curved down the right side of the gun (leaving a gap for the magazine of course) would that interfere with the gun functioning properly? I just find it odd that left handed shooters are expected to rest their cheek on a sharp piece of metal. The M3 is now designed to move the cocking handle but no option for a cheek rest, they still expect you to lean your jaw against metal.

Kind of bizarre no?? 

(If you are going to say K&L makes a left handed option, they don't. It's "back ordered") 

lol, of course they want to sell you a 200$ option part ..im just playin around but guessing its nit too far from the truth .. ive seen the prices on things like buttpads for those fanboy pos's .. ridiculous ..

But FX DOESN'T EVEN SELL A $200 PART LOL otherwise I would understand 

There's company who makes nice custom piece on facebook. Custom Carbon I believe?!?

I figured there had to be reason why they designed it to literally hurt lefty shooters a jaw (maybe it interfered with something) but I guess not. The cocking handle, no problem, cheek rest?!? Nah.... =)

I feel bad for all of you wrong handed people. ;^) That includes my daughter. I think there are enough of you around these days that more thought should be given to at least making accessories to help you out. Still, I only see a few things around and they were probly designed by left handed souls.

I wish you luck in your quest for the lefty stuff.

Whoa there Dr. Bio ; ) The the left side of the brain controls the right side of the body and the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body which mean only us lefty’s are in our right mind lmao……

You probly be right cuz I know I am not in my right mind else I would be out doin something impotent. ;^)

I got one of these..

The dude does Great work , Fits perfect and i got it in 10 days from the UK to Texas

Left Hand Cheek Piece rest For FX Impact | eBay

What bfloyd1095 said. I also have the JB3D ambi cheek rest, works great.

As a lefty I also find the high capacity mag system annoying as it jabs and digs into my cheek weld. It’s the main reason I still shoot the MKI with original smaller metal mag system or Carm mags. Also, the only reason there is an ambi cocking lever now is because of the speed silhouette. The RH shooters wanted a way to cock the gun faster.

I’m surprised none of the big you-tubers have mentioned FX mag placement in any of theirs videos. I guess you don’t bite the hand that feeds you.

I was going to buy the Wildcat MKIII when it first came out but then saw the mag size/placement and gave up. FX doesn’t have to cater to LH shooters as the RH shooters have them so busy they can’t keep up. Business is business. As Spock said, “the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one”. So we either just have to deal with it or look elsewhere.

Lefty's, Want to hear some Crazy shizzh. The owner of FX is a lefty too. One of the few left handed guns I've personal seen from Fx has been the wildcat MKI. the mag loaded on the left side and cocking was on the left. One other thing I can think of is, the Bobcat had a left handed check rest option. But other then that I cant think of any others. Unless you count the few ambidextrous stock for the Royals. But even at that, most where right handed stocks.

I had member dannya1a print me a left cheek rest for my MKII. He was very reasonable and does great work. You could send him a PM and discuss it.

FX sling.1631253052.jpg

I shoot right handed but had a problem with the original cheek piece being too high with low scope mounts and a short neck. So, I took a piece of hardwood and cut a wedge shaped piece the width of the top rail and mounted it. For me the flat angled surface makes for an easily repeatable mount and it actually looks ok. One could be cut/drilled (or printed) the opposite way for a lefty. Just a suggestion.

Impact Cheek Rest.1631299426.jpg

I feel bad for all of you wrong handed people. ;^) That includes my daughter. I think there are enough of you around these days that more thought should be given to at least making accessories to help you out. Still, I only see a few things around and they were probly designed by left handed souls.

I wish you luck in your quest for the lefty stuff.

But it's not just the "wrong handed people"........ LOL...... Us left-eye dominant righties suffer just as much. I've tried the Wildcat and Impact and Maverick and they are just not lefty friendly at all - clearly the magazine which is right where you nose would go are a huge indicator (and yeah you can get tiny ass magazines, but that doesn't help the cheek rest). 

Plenty of other brands out there that make shooting more accessible. 

K&L no longer will be making the LH cheek, hence the out of stock everywhere? that is what Stephen told me.

so i have taken the stock piece, milled a 1/2" flat on the top and made my own delrin add on and tapped it in. this helps me two ways, 1- raises me up over that 

damn magazine so I don't even touch it and 2- better height for big scopes and tall rings. the stock piece would not work for me even if I was right handed.

I don't get the Euro's when it comes to lefties? FX, Daystate and AA all have discriminated? its getting better but for a while it was like WTH guys?? Lefties shoot also! and I have feelings! big ones! :) 

is only suited for right handed shooters?? 

If the cheek piece also curved down the right side of the gun (leaving a gap for the magazine of course) would that interfere with the gun functioning properly? I just find it odd that left handed shooters are expected to rest their cheek on a sharp piece of metal. The M3 is now designed to move the cocking handle but no option for a cheek rest, they still expect you to lean your jaw against metal.

Kind of bizarre no?? 

(If you are going to say K&L makes a left handed option, they don't. It's "back ordered")

I'm a lefty too. I've written emails to FX on several occasions about this very annoying design deficiency. It is particularly ironic since the wealthy owner of FX Airguns, Fredrick Axxelson, is a left hander himself. How difficult would it be to redesign their existing cheekpiece to be ambidextrous? Not at all. I bought a K&L ambi cheekpiece for my Impact several years ago and moved it to my MkII. I have no problem with the larger magazine on the MKII. However, the Maverick and Wildcats are out of the question due to the position of their magazines and their sharp edged cheekpiece design. I'm also surprised that a company like Saber Tactical hasn't picked up on this opportunity and added an ambi cheekpiece to their Impact parts lineup.

FX, USA are you reading this? FX in Sweden, are you reading this? What good is an ambi cocking lever for the M3 without also having an ambi cheekpiece? It wouldn't add to the cost of the Impact nor detract from its appearance.

I shoot right handed but had a problem with the original cheek piece being too high with low scope mounts and a short neck. So, I took a piece of hardwood and cut a wedge shaped piece the width of the top rail and mounted it. For me the flat angled surface makes for an easily repeatable mount and it actually looks ok. One could be cut/drilled (or printed) the opposite way for a lefty. Just a suggestion.

Impact Cheek Rest.1631299426.jpg

That looks really good! 

Stoti