• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Is there a pcp airgun for me?

I am looking into pcp airguns, im finding some people charging their guns with scuba tanks and then using their guns, but is there any pcp rifle out there that can rundirectly off standard paintball Hpa tanks? I already use hpa tanks for airsoft. I was hoping there would be so i wouldnt have to spend more on air stuff than i have too.

QB79 is ready to go if using a 13ci HPA tank or 2" dia. Co2 tank. Naturally any rifle with a foster (discovery marauder, many other) you can tether any regulated tank to.
Your other post about using the "The revolutionary design that is sure to take your shooting experience to the next level. " HYPE, not a new idea at all people have used "dummy" Co2 carts for years, but you MUST keep the psi at Co2 psi level, say 850psi to maybe 1,100 Max. 6mm steel balls to me sounds like airsoft and not what most consider "airguns" (sure they run on air but........) I have never heard of one that could shoot any decent group. If you want decent groups you will need a pellet rifle/pistol.

"Dummy carts" are often used on rigs such as the crosman 2240 and similar models.

John

As others have said, the Paintball tanks will hold 4500 pounds of pressure but the problem for PCP air rifles is that the Paint Ball tanks are regulated at around 900 pounds. That means you can only pump your PCP up to 900 pounds from a Paint Ball tank.

Pyramyd Air has the same style tank, by Venturi I believe, but it's regulated at about 2800 or 3000 pounds. It's a 90 Cubic Inch bottle, exactly the same bottle that Paint Ball types use, but the regulator is much different. If the Paint Ball crowd used this regulator, it'd rip the paint balls apart in the gun, or kill someone on the field.

Well worth getting one of these for your PCP though. At $300 they aren't cheap, but they do come with everything you need, the valve, fittings, regulator and bottle. Costs $4 or $5 at the paint ball shop to fill.

I have a Marauder and the Venturi tank. It's a great combination for shooting without killing yourself with a hand pump.