Is there a need for affordable cast big bore ammo?

I have been shooting and casting for my Airforce 50 cal for close to two years and it has been a learning curve . I as many others would love to part time cast and sell airgun slugs. My 50 Texan needed a complete rebuild after a 1000 rounds. The Umarex hammer doesn't seem to be slinging much lead and time will tell if AEA is long term reliable and has long term parts support. I think the air guns cast slugs and pressed slugs are for the most part very accurate and reliable. Point being I think the air guns are going to need to be more reliable before there is a demand for slugs. The need in the market seems to be for quality pressed slugs small caliber.22 to 30 cal. Is Nielsen speciality ammo and Mr hollow point meeting the demand? Thank any of you for you thoughts. These are my .510 slugs from 650 grain to 460 grain

16494466793918894126295103062229.1649446714.jpg

NO. Sorry you asked. I feel there is a need for CHEAP affordable .22 and up slug swaging dies. Most PCP shooters have powder burners and if you are into all this you reload and cast bullets already. Why not come up with a simple swaging die that fits into an RCBS or Lyman, Lee single stage press. Before somebody jumps in and mentions corbin I have to remind you I said affordable. I have been working on this for the last four months why is it no one wants to do this on a affordable level. By all means start making the dies I will test them for free and I do not own the caliber the die is for I will buy one. Just start with 22 in slugs please. 

I already use home made dies to swage many brass projectiles in powder burners but for the life of me can not find anything for air gun slugs. 

Thank you. The current cost for swaging dies systems is cost prohibited for the average shooter for sure. I checked them out when I got started and if I remember right like$1500.00 and up. The quality of swaged slugs is awesome from everything I read. I'm sure if a machine shop in Asia could produce them for much better price. I have been currently very impressed on some of the quality machine goods out of asia. Eagle Vision and Donny FL products. I saw some automated casting and sizeing machines capable of producing 1000 slugs per hour. They were priced for around $10,000 dollars if I remember. At that price it will be very easy to flood the market with more cast slugs than shooters. Most of the market if for lower power regulated pcp s in 22 to 30 cal. A at home affordable slug.swaging die press system seems like a goal.that can be accomplished. Maybe AEA air guns could produce this product. They can bring a new pcp to the us market really fast maybe they could produce a at home affordable seating die system. Hint hint lol

Yes Donny makes the prototype models and does the testing and subcontract to asia. The quality of the machine work and fit and finish on my Donny FL is excellent , regardless of where it is manufactured. Thanks

Thank you for the clarification. I agree the machine work is good. It's a shame though as they are an American company, they don't employ more American machinist. 

The video I watched about Donny FL starting out, tried to get machine shops here in the states to make them . The problem being his quantities were too small. In Asia they were hungry for business and worked with him and small quantities. It is ashame asia is what America used to be in manufacturing😥

That is true. It is harder for American job shops to compete on that type of work on small orders. China doesn't have all the rules, regs and labor rates that domestic shops have to comply with. Easing taxes and regulatory burdens would help. That being said, smaller shops with lower overhead may be able to take on that type of work. I rather pay a little more and keep skilled trades here. 

The video I watched about Donny FL starting out, tried to get machine shops here in the states to make them . The problem being his quantities were too small. In Asia they were hungry for business and worked with him and small quantities. It is ashame asia is what America used to be in manufacturing
1f625.svg

That is true. It is harder for American job shops to compete on that type of work on small orders. China doesn't have all the rules, regs and labor rates that domestic shops have to comply with. Easing taxes and regulatory burdens would help. That being said, smaller shops with lower overhead may be able to take on that type of work. I rather pay a little more and keep skilled trades here.

And you are a minority. Most want the best (or even second or third best) for the least.

Think about it for a second. Most MAGA supporters have no problem buying hats made in China, even though that is the exact opposite of Make America Great Again. I don't say this as a slight or to bring politics into it, but just to show an example of where priorities lie. If DonnyFL went with American manufacturing, he'd have to take a cut in profitability, raise his prices, or both.