• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Is there a good airgun "bible"?

Set up 10m!
Old used 10m rigs are ouitstanding fun, maybe an FWB300 or a 602 if you can. Any pre-charged set up for say 6fpe will get 100+ shots, good clean fun.

Books? Maybe google?
Ron Robinson's Manic Compressive, ( think he has another 1 or 2 out?).
"The airgun from trigger to target" classic but........ .
?

Please let us know if you find some good reading, some of us still know how to turn a page.

John

The reality is that within just the last few years there has been so much improvement and the selection is becoming more and more overwhelming by the year. I would decide on what you want to accomplish and how much you care to spend for starters. The best airguns and equipment will surprise you at how much they can cost! Generally speaking you kinda get what you pay for with airguns and can "waste" alot of money buying stuff you end up not being satisfied with if you're not careful. This forum is gold and I have to mention Steve and his wife at AEAC as must see videos and content. Bill

Yes. The contents page lists......Prone,Standing,Kneeling, and Micellany. It goes into incredible detail that applies to ALL shooting disciplines. The books photos are 10 Meter rifles. The Micellany section has things like......... Stock adjustments, Sight Picture, Shot Rhythm,Path of Light,Contrast.
I found it very helpful. The shooting coaches put all their good advice in detail and supported by photos.
Enjoy

Yes their is my son,you must use your imagination and think of all the air guns that you would like"" cross your hand and lay them on your lap"close one's eye's and medtate,slowly open one's eye,s and look at Pyramid air catology ,now drink 3 beers dream my s0n"yes their they are"""crow mag,r-1 ,HW-100, o" my god a old 10 shoot Gold Star" you are almost their my son" no smoking aloud""

I tried looking around online for what I thought was the best Internet airgun reading for a long time written by Brian Knight, a very nice fellow who convinced me it IS worth sawing/using bondo, custom whatever but DO make your rifle fit you. Just a pleasure shooting with him a few times at what was then our local FT club. He had an old 127 that looked like it had 1,000,000 shots fired that finally needed a rebuild and when he came back to pick it up ( nice handing things like that to your tuner face to face) why sure enought it turned out he did indeed know how to shoot that , well used looking rifle. Willing to coach ANYONE interested.

Anyway if one had the time to click back & forth.

https://web.archive.org/web/20101205104614/http://fuzzylimey.net/coachtalk/index.html

John