Is the STOCK PANTHERA a Bit Underpowered?

If you are shooting Altaros you can run this tune, I tested a bunch of zan slugs and I realize they do not shoot as well as the altaros but they would not fly well until my rifle hit 960-970 and that was not achievable with a tune like yours.

Well at least I could not, I will also say that it seems each panthera has its own likes and dislikes, more so than I have seen with other rifles, a lot of deviations in tunes between the same rifle but end up with similar or the same results.
Did you get to try the Altaros?

FX may have played with the configs of the hammer and valve pin earlier, but the ones I have tuned recently in Utah have all been remarkably consistent in the relationship between pressure, micro setting and power output.

Reactions: Centercut
Hey guys. I want to love this Pathera but I'm confused. I could not get it above 880 fps with 25.4gr ammo. That's a 4 on the Micro and 115bar on the reg. Turning the reg up does not increase the FPS. Turning it past 140 bar will begin to decrease FPS. No setting between 100 and 180 bar would get me over 700 fps without that micro wheel cranked to 3.5-4+.

My question: Does the Panthera require extra parts to achieve over 43 foot pond in .22 caliber? if so, what parts? A Tungsten hammer? anything else?

Has anyone achived power from this gun, "out of the box"? Is there some magic setting I skipped when I burned $20 worth of pellets? (not a fan of tuning).

Maybe give FX service a call? It seems unusual as we all know the Panthera is a power house out of the box. Maybe something funky is going on that we can't see via internet.

I did not unfortunately but I got a buddy testing them now and loving them and says hes experiencing very similar results on very similar tunes!
Regarding your 70fpe tune, I think that’s around the “sensible” limit for a 22-600. As you close in n that limit, the requirement for higher pressure (and HST) increases. I wasn’t intending to criticize your tune but there are many folks (like Nate) shooting lightweight pellets with way-OTT reg and HST because they’ve massively overshot the settings. They’re sending a very fast hammer into the valve pin that ricochets back off the valve frame at similarly high speed, such that the valve is flicked open for a very short time. Not to mention damaging the valve…

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
Did you get to try the Altaros?

FX may have played with the configs of the hammer and valve pin earlier, but the ones I have tuned recently in Utah have all been remarkably consistent in the relationship between pressure, micro setting and power output.
I know I've mentioned it more than once, but if you haven't tried the Altaros ATP Smooth in .22 cal. 32.3 grain or .25 cal. 49.5 grain, you're missing out.

The gun can be moderately tuned, with lower reg pressures and the slugs shot at between 880 and 900 fps. MANY benefits to this, and very few detriments. And all that is in addition to the BC of 0.18 for .22 and 0.21 for .25. I think Talon Tunes now carries them at a good price. These tunes are from a bone stock Panthera 600mm.

Why remain in the past with slugs at high speed that require very high reg pressure and harsh tunes for a meager 0.13 G1 BC, when you can have the Next Generation shooting a low-pressure mild tune with a BC that's 50% (or more) higher?

Screenshot_2023-06-28-21-17-37-69_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Set the reg to 130 and micro to 3 and tell me the speed (and the barrel length)
Good news! 600mm barrel: I only got 585 FPS at 3.0 with the reg pegged at 130 bar, but when I turned it to 3.5 = 780 FPS then I turned it to 4.0...not 4.3 where it !STOPS!, but exactly 4.0 and it was shooting my 25.5gr FX pellets at 919 FPS, over and over...so I'm not sure what was going on yesterday. I had much better luck today. I'm ready to shoot! Thanks for the help Weevil ! -Nate

Good news! 600mm barrel: I only got 585 FPS at 3.0 with the reg pegged at 130 bar, but when I turned it to 3.5 = 780 FPS then I turned it to 4.0...not 4.3 where it !STOPS!, but exactly 4.0 and it was shooting my 25.5gr FX pellets at 919 FPS, over and over...so I'm not sure what was going on yesterday. I had much better luck today. I'm ready to shoot! Thanks for the help Weevil ! -Nate
Glad you’re happy but it sounds like you’ve trashed the valve pin.