Is the Ruger Airhawk a good air rifle for the money?

I think the Air Hawk is the best gun you can buy at the price off the shelf in a department store. I mainly say this because it's a copy of a very good German made rifle, the RWS/Diana Model 34. What this means, is you can get the Air Hawk, and drop in a tune kit and have a very nice rifle for very little money. I've had one and it was very good after a little tinkering.

The Gamos, Stoegers, Crosmans and the other common "off the shelf" guns have little support as far as tuning parts go, and historically crappy triggers. The Air Hawk has a much better platform to start with, and a rather decent trigger. Not to mention its nearly all metal and wood. 

Just my 2 cents!

Ruger Airhawk is OK, it is the copy of an RWS rifle and shoots pretty will with the OEM sight, I had one but I gave it to my friend. For 43 dollars it's a decent enough shooter, for the brand new price of 100ish dollars Crosman sells the Benjamin Titan GP for about the same money or slightly more which IMHO is much nicer, also quieter and is a gas piston so lower maintenance. They're about equivalent otherwise but I preferred the Benjamin for those reasons rather than how it shot though the trigger on the Benjamin is exceedingly long.

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Benjamin_Titan_GP_Nitro_Piston_Air_Rifle/2603/5161

Pyramid Air will likely ship as well assuming it's legal for you to buy/order where you live.