• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Is the Ruger Airhawk a good air rifle for the money?

Hey there, I'm new to this fourm and I already own three air rifles, a crosman M4177, crosman powermaster 66, and a Swiss Arms Tac 1. I have 150$ and I wasn't able to order other air rifles from Amazon for some reason, so my only option for me is to get a Ruger Airhawk from Cabelas. Specifcally the Ruger Airhawk because its the only air rifle in my budget that's in stock at my cabelas that has fiber optic sights/ iron sights. So is the Ruger Airhawk a decent air rifle with good fiber optic sights?

I had an Air Hawke Elite with the thumbhole stock. I don't like to be negative but, I did not have a good experience with it. In fact, the only good thing I have to say about it is the stock was comfortable. I mounted a scope on it and it would always slide on the dovetail due to the recoil. So, I changed mounts but it didn't help. So, I cranked down on the hex nuts (I mean, I REALLY cranked down on them!), didn't help. So, I used the scope mounting anchor bolt and really cranked down on the hex bolts. It SHEARED the anchor bolt! The mounts just would not stop sliding down the dovetail. After a while shooting it, I knew that whatever I aimed at I would surely miss. I ended up giving it away to my neighbor because I just couldn't stand it any longer. This was my first air rifle when I got into the sport. I have grown tremendoulsy as a shooter since then and might have better results if I were to try it again. 
Maybe you'll have better luck? 
Happy Hunting!
Tom

Wal Mart sells air rifles on a county to county basis. For example in the county next to mine where the college campus is they dont sell pellets or pellet rifles, but the other 2 stores outside that county do. I guess the college kids arent responsible ............ go figure

Anyways, just play around on Wal Marts website with zip codes from surrounding rural towns. Then look at the item you are interested in and check store availability based on the surrounding farm town zip codes.

"PostBoost"I've also find out that I could go to the Walmart in Danbury and get a crosman optimus. How's the crosman optimus? I've heard it's a good rifle.
Every Crosman I own required a going thru. I just looked at the Optimus, and the Ruger I mentioned is far superior. I wouldnt spend my money on the Optimus.

The Crosman F4 Nitro is nice
The Ruger Black Hawk Elite is my go to choice at Wal Mart ( I own this and others, its my go to)

Others I researched were the Swiss Arms TG ( avoid that), Remington Express 22 ( avoid that) There was one other model at Wally world I looked into and it didnt make the cut either. I just cant recall what it was.

I relied heavily on You Tube reviews from " Myairgunreviews" The guys name is Kenny and he is sharp as a tack on the budget offerings I was looking for.