• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

is the marauder really that quiet?

All I can say is consider the source, Bashing the Marauder is only going t o make you like you less. Why can't you be more positive and less negative? Apparently there are a whole lot of people that love the Marauder, why do you want to alienate all of them? Come on you really think that every one has to think just like you? Apparently you left one forum because of all of your controversy are you going to do the same thing here?

Reactions: joelayfield
All I can say is consider the source, Bashing the Marauder is only going t o make you like you less. Why can't you be more positive and less negative? Apparently there are a whole lot of people that love the Marauder, why do you want to alienate all of them? Come on you really think that every one has to think just like you? Apparently you left one forum because of all of your controversy are you going to do the same thing here?
So thin skinned,...I actually never bashed the gun, just brought facts to the table, but if you so insecure that need to cry out then just go for it.

The Marauder always comes up when googling for a quiet PCP rifle.

I own a Brocock Sniper .22, Akela .177 and a RWS Excalibre .22 all with moderators. ( Sumo).

I have been using my Brocock but wouldn't mind having something a little bit quieter.

View attachment 308588

I have a small yard with VERY close neighbors, but I do have a safe area to shoot the rats that come to my bird feeders at night

If a marauder w/ moderator would indeed be a bit quieter I was thinking about getting one as Amazon has a pretty good price now @ $369 shipped.

Thanks for any opinions
absolutly

Hill has great parts. I have purchased a ton of his stuff for multiple guns. Im have always wanted to try a jsar valve though.
for the time being i think the tim hill is a good safe valve , built without problems , im waiting on a valve back from jsar that was sent back because of problems , ive played back n fourth with the old valve , its in the drawer where it belongs for good , i can tell you ive bought 3 tim hill valves and they do a good job , i have a jsar valve on its way in the mail right now but i dont know if i feel like tearing my gun down again , i have a old cobra valve in it doing fine so i dont know when i'll feel like disturbing what i have now going , jsar has a lot of really good parts , the valve right now i cant vouch for right now , maybe someone has info on the current valve , i do not at this time ,

The Marauder always comes up when googling for a quiet PCP rifle.

I own a Brocock Sniper .22, Akela .177 and a RWS Excalibre .22 all with moderators. ( Sumo).

I have been using my Brocock but wouldn't mind having something a little bit quieter.

View attachment 308588

I have a small yard with VERY close neighbors, but I do have a safe area to shoot the rats that come to my bird feeders at night

If a marauder w/ moderator would indeed be a bit quieter I was thinking about getting one as Amazon has a pretty good price now @ $369 shipped.

Thanks for any opinions
Do you recall who the seller was for the $369 Marauder? I’m actually looking to buy one and the cheapest I can find them is $500 from Airguns of AZ

Thanks

Last edited: