• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

is the marauder really that quiet?

Exactly, I was being facetious, there are a lot of us who really like the Marauder and don't care to hear the constant negativity against it.
Negativity ?
No just facts, to keep repeating a lie does not make it true but people start believing in it,....fact, Crosman did try put the sticker " Made in USA " on the Marauder, I had a .25 back in the day with one of them boxes, but they quickly got shut down because it was not true.

Last edited:
It's all about power, usually Marauders are quiet because they are also less powerful.
less powerful than what ? my nephew and his dad have 22 cal shooting over 40 fps and are very quiet , , yes moded , regulated etc. but the barrel system untouched , the pellet impact makes a lot of wallop ! but the gun is very quiet

I'm a marauder armada nut! Can't go wrong with either imo. They are very quiet rifles.

So you hate Marauders, get over it already.
Just a lot of haters explaining how their gun can be as quiet with some sort of moderator as a stock Marauder. I think that if you put enough moderato(s) on most guns they may be as quiet.

I use Mrod baffles in my kral shrouds to quiet them down. They are freaking loud without the shroud and air strippers. Those baffles and shrouds really do wonders, hence why alot of aftermarket companies copy the design for shroud kits.

Other than that, I hate Mrods 😝

Just kidding, their bolt action leaves something to be desired though.

• Sad
Reactions: joelayfield
So you hate Marauders, get over it already.
Talking to me ?

I actually do not hate Marauders,....don't think much of them but don't hate them, I had 5 of them so I was able to form my own opinion.

If you like them good for you, me ?.... apart from Hatsan I would get just about everything else out there rather then a Marauder, I won't even go into the specifics of why.

As for the noise, look......... take away a perfect tune for efficiency and silence is a product of power, barrel lenght and moderator.

The Marauder shroud/baffles system is nothing special but they have a long barrel and stock they come out on the lower power side.

A Marauder .25 comes out in the 40 FPE range yet a Taipan.25 @ 60 FPE will be quieter.

Back many moons ago I had a Marauder .25 that I maxed out at 45 FPE, I also Had a Rainstorm I .22 that was a 55 FPE shooter
I always though the Storm was louder until I got a friend of mine stand down range and tell me what he could hear,
the ping on the Storm was louder and that was what made me think so but my friend said the Marauder even being 10 FPE weaker was actually louder.

Last edited:
I have a Marauder .22 Field and Target. I have shot multiple birds in my yard with my kids about 30 yards behind me. They are still amazed that I point the gun at the bird and it dies - they don't even hear that I took the shot.
they are great guns ! and part of America that made a good pcp gun affordable , i have one along with many other guns and its a a nice gun , im not getting rid of it !

Reactions: Skiffy52
they are great guns ! and part of America that made a good pcp gun affordable , i have one along with many other guns and its a a nice gun , im not getting rid of it !
It was my entry gun into the PCP scene. I ordered it from the custom shop a few years ago and I have loved it. I am looking for a little more power and shot count, so I am shopping for a higher end PCP. I will be selling my Marauder only because once I get my new one (whatever I decide) it won't get any use.

It was my entry gun into the PCP scene. I ordered it from the custom shop a few years ago and I have loved it. I am looking for a little more power and shot count, so I am shopping for a higher end PCP. I will be selling my Marauder only because once I get my new one (whatever I decide) it won't get any use.
you never know when a friend will want to shoot with you , you should keep it ,,