Is the GX Compressor the best mobile alternative?!

From what I can tell the evolution of this compressor started out as "poor quality" and Shenzhen Angniu Technology Co., LTD eventually worked out most of the bugs so the GX brand is mostly reliable, similar to the ZY PCP Pump evolution of the Yong Heng brand compressor.

YH is not a quality compressor; it's functional, affordable, fast, and maintainable, based off an excellent, functional, efficient design. "Reliable" is not a word I'd use. The GX seems similar in those regards.

There is no faster compressor than the Y.H. anywhere near the price point, though that's hardly the end of the story or expense for a decent dry-air setup. The GX CS2 seems to be the highly-simplified version, and ironically it's probably just as fast when considering the whole picture regarding setup/teardown/transportation overhead/random repairs/etc. of the YH given the GX CS2 is pretty much "plug it in and run."

For myself who shoots high volumes of air at the target range where the truck isn't nearby (and with guests), the YH setup trumps the CS2. If I were hunting while camping I'd easily prefer packing two CS2 units, and in that instance and from the price standpoint I guess one could call the CS2 a "YH killer." Really, it's far, far cheaper to run the CS2 into a gun than the high-volume YH setup I have. Plus the more complexity there is the more points of failure there are, and honestly I almost gave up on the YH extremely dry air build due to so many things failing/leaking (until I got the reliability issues worked out via a part certification process for every part). Running the compressor right to the gun highly simplifies things.

---
Note: Xisico is a U.S.-Texas importer, not a manufacturer. They sell Shenzhen Angniu Technology Co., LTD pumps.

From what I can tell the evolution of this compressor started out as "poor quality" and Shenzhen Angniu Technology Co., LTD eventually worked out most of the bugs so the GX brand is mostly reliable, similar to the ZY PCP Pump evolution of the Yong Heng brand compressor.

YH is not a quality compressor; it's functional, affordable, fast, and maintainable, based off an excellent, functional, efficient design. "Reliable" is not a word I'd use. The GX seems similar in those regards.

There is no faster compressor than the Y.H. anywhere near the price point, though that's hardly the end of the story or expense for a decent dry-air setup. The GX CS2 seems to be the highly-simplified version, and ironically it's probably just as fast when considering the whole picture regarding setup/teardown/transportation overhead/random repairs/etc. of the YH given the GX CS2 is pretty much "plug it in and run."

For myself who shoots high volumes of air at the target range where the truck isn't nearby (and with guests), the YH setup trumps the CS2. If I were hunting while camping I'd easily prefer packing two CS2 units, and in that instance and from the price standpoint I guess one could call the CS2 a "YH killer." Really, it's far, far cheaper to run the CS2 into a gun than the high-volume YH setup I have. Plus the more complexity there is the more points of failure there are, and honestly I almost gave up on the YH extremely dry air build due to so many things failing/leaking (until I got the reliability issues worked out via a part certification process for every part). Running the compressor right to the gun highly simplifies things.

---
Note: Xisico is a U.S.-Texas importer, not a manufacturer. They sell Shenzhen Angniu Technology Co., LTD pumps.
I agree that the YongHeng is not to be confused with top quality.
The yongheng advantage remains that it was also not built to be disposable. It requires the sort of care that will in turn result in a longwr life. Water cooling and oil changes do seem to be a pain to some, but it is those very qualities that allow the YongHeng to outlive most of the current compact units.
I'm a carpenter, and won't buy an "oil-less" comprssor for nailguns etc. for the very same reason. Instead I've got a twin tank Makita that demands I monitor it's oil level. In doing so this compressor has outlived half a dozen oil-less units, even when forced to power an entire shop for a year until we replaced the giant 1968 120 gallon 3 phase 8 HP ingersoll with a new 80 gallon 3HP upright.

Reactions: WI_Hedgehog
I.E less capable. It's a cool little compressor, but it's limited in its use. (Limited to filling straight to gun not the SCBAs most of us use)

Mary works in a diner and can wait tables and run the cash register, barb can only wait tables. Both are equally good at waiting tables, which is more capable and is a more valuable employee?
For sure. I would rather fill my bottles with a very good filter and then fill my guns. Who knows what this little GS is putting in your gun??? Probably lots of moisture.

Wow! Seems to be a touchy subject. To each his own on what they prefer. I’m pretty sure this is just another way to fill tanks on Airguns. I applaud TF’s approach. Another way to skin the cat. I think it’s innovative and prefer the concept! Ultimately lower cost with similar performance seems to win the race…..
This is YH nation when it comes to compressors.

Reactions: Hammer
I have an Omega Air Charger, YH, Nomad II, and the GS2. I have filled bottles with all of them. BUT I would not run the GS2 or Nomad any longer that 15 / 20 min at a time without giving them a break when filling bottles. I consider all of them throw away compressors.

The Omega Air Charger is my favorite but it's a one man show and he told me it's hard to get parts for it. So good luck when it fails and they all will some day. The YH is probably the easiest to fix and has all the parts avab anywhere.

But the YH sits in a corner and I never use it... LOL It's loud and a PITA to use.

Also I would never ever connect any of these compressors direct to any of my airguns without a very good high pressure filter. Those little cigarette looking filters are not stopping moisture getting in your gun.

When I go shooting at my range I love the bottles. I would not want to run some noisy compressor while I'm shooting. I own a few bottles also.

Good Luck :)

Last edited:
I.E less capable. It's a cool little compressor, but it's limited in its use. (Limited to filling straight to gun not the SCBAs most of us use)

Mary works in a diner and can wait tables and run the cash register, barb can only wait tables. Both are equally good at waiting tables, which is more capable and is a more valuable employee?
depends on who has the biggest jugs? get the big tips"

I'm all for the new product.

Overall, I suspect it will take the test of time to unseat a Yong Heng. They're not very mobile with a car or truck u less you have a generator available. We use the generator in one NC location. We'd use one powered by automobile but I just haven't been convinced on one yet. Maybe this is it.

We also have solar there but don't suspect that would be a good idea. It'd drain the batteries quickly unless doing a single fill.

For MOBILITY it's caveman simple GX compressor.
Before our first GX we had a stationary Yong Heng unit which was a great improvement over our tanks traveling to fill or hand pumps. But the need for a fashionable homeless shopping cart to move it about and then it's oil replacement-disposal blues or that cold water waltz got old real fast. :(
I bought our original GX C2 compressor with the extra three year warranty just in case and now two and a half years still no problems. I just purchased their GX CS3-1 for $415.00 on a cyber deal with only their one year warranty and no extra $$ warranty. One of these GX will be a home unit and the other GX a simple constant truck traveling field unit. :cool:

Reactions: darylm
Patrick, One of my favorite movies had the line "There are some men you just can't reach" it speaks volumes. They look at the title of a video and make wild assumptions of the content within, it's almost comical really. I wrote right in the description of the 1st video, "probably not for everyone". Throughout the course of the videos, and by consequence MY learnings, I made some simple observations. Gun fill pressures are rising, leading to less and less capacity in those giant SCBA bottles. I guess if your content with the airguns with low fill pressures, the SCBA YH paradigm is just fine. Those that see what's coming down the road may have a different notion. One fellow used an analogy of two waitresses, it was cute, here is another:
Bob has a tri axle dump truck, it can haul tons of gravel at a time and gets awful fuel economy. Sue just learned she has an engagement 700 miles away and needs to bring her family. Sue has a very nice hybrid with plenty of room. Should she take Bob's truck? Best tool for the job does not always mean flat out capacity. Again, as I have repeated over and over, to each his own. I still have my Yong Heng'S and a ton of SCBA bottles. Do I use them much anymore? Nope. Just one guys opinion, but it is funny to see folks react like I'd kicked a leg out from under their stool at hunting camp. I hope one day we can have an open mind and see other ideas objectively.
Bubuloa we got a bet

I did some modifications to my GX C2 to see if I can get the head of the piston cooler.

I used a heatsink and fan for a PC processor, also applied the thermal paste.

Initial thermal tests looked promising indeed.

78D1106A-54E0-40AB-A026-A44C222A4EF3.jpeg