Is the GX Compressor the best mobile alternative?!

One of the biggest challenges of getting into a PCP airgun is a reliable air source. Bill from Target has taken a bit different approach. He's using an Amazon affiliate link to promote the most reliable, versatile, and serviceable unit he could find https://amzn.to/3gUBC0Q

View attachment 286574

From there he offers miscellaneous parts on his website where fanatics can customize their compressor to what calls the "CS2 Hybrid" https://targetforge.net/shop/ols/categories/gx-compressor-parts

Check out his CS2 video

and his CS2 Hybrid mods
I had a cx3, it was decent enough while it lasted but not worth the price diff to performance vs the little orange boxes you can get on amazon or alibaba imho. You can cheaply replace most parts on them too. Ive killed 2 yong heng, a gx 3 and a benjamin hand pump over the years and now use a tuxing 4cyl dive compressor clone. The orange chinese 12v box is my mobile solution if not using a great white scba.

Have any of you considered just getting the compressor that works best for your budget and needs and go out and do some damn shootin’ already? It’s WAY more fun than getting into a back-and-forth argument that can’t be won by either side.

I put 50 rounds through the 30 caliber terminator this morning. I bet that’s more than every thread participant combined so far.

Reactions: LONESTAR .25
I got the same filter. I like the way you mounted it on the chassis. I made a separate holder for it. I like yours better!
That's a piece of 1/4" aluminum. Counter-sunk holes in the aluminum for flat head screws. Pretty sure I used m6 screws. The same size as whatever is on the bottom of the filter... I rounded off the plate with the same radius as the filter after I took the picture. No more sharp corners!

The plastic feet on the bottom of the pump are just a bit over 1/4" tall so there is just enough clearance for the plate.

Nyloc nuts and washers inside to hold the plate to the chassis.

Last edited:
Reactions: Patrick1
I got the one from Bin Tac that you can just plug it into an outlet or use a battery. For me it's been great, I fill my guns and a small 90 cu in tank. With the tank I do give it a little rest while filling. When I go shooting at my sons house (11 acres) I just bring the Bin Tac battery and some of my Milwaukee batteries (I got an adapter to be able to use them) Granted I don't shoot probably near as much as most guys do but it has really made things so much easier for me.