• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Is the GEN 2 Gamo Whisper more powerful?

I think that's the right name. I currently have Gamo Whisperer GEN 1 and so far I didn't have any double pellets or jamming. Plus I'm surprised I shot a 21gr at about 640fps average. This is by far my favorite air rifle (I've bought about six).

I know the GEN 2 has an improved 10 mag system. But is it more powerful?

I can't break 700fps with my this Game even with 14.1gr pellet.

Can any break barrel exceed 700fps or 800fps with lead and not alloy?

Can't speak for anything Gamo having never owned one, but I have and do still own half a dozen .22's that all shoot anywhere from 750-780fps with H&N FTT's and JSB 15.89gr pellets and at one point owned a Walther Talon Magnum .22 that's the same rifle as the Hatsan 125 that would hit 850ish with the FTT's, so yes, there are plently of .22 break barrels out there that will easily exceed the 700 and even 800 mark.

That said, power ain't everything and with more power comes harder recoil and a harder to be accurate with rifle. 

Aren’t gamo magnums able to shoot .22 lead pellets at 1000 FPS+ if you need something that fast? I think they advertise 1300fps with alloy and 1000 or 1100 with lead. I see the newer G2 swarm magnum is either less powerful or they revised their numbers to be lower for some other reason because it is advertised at least as shooting at lower velocity. I don’t know what to make of the advertised specs but at least they have a “pba platinum” speed and a lower lead pellet speed listed. 

I think that's the right name. I currently have Gamo Whisperer GEN 1 and so far I didn't have any double pellets or jamming. Plus I'm surprised I shot a 21gr at about 640fps average. This is by far my favorite air rifle (I've bought about six).

I know the GEN 2 has an improved 10 mag system. But is it more powerful?

I can't break 700fps with my this Game even with 14.1gr pellet.

Can any break barrel exceed 700fps or 800fps with lead and not alloy?

The only rifles I have in .22 that will shoot. 21 grains at higher fps are the Hatsan 125 and the Hatsan 150 sniper vortex. They both love the H&N barracuda 21.14 gr and both rifles average around 830 - 850 fps using them. This depends on temperature and humidity believe it or not.

They are both Magnum rifles and are harder to shoot. There is a learning curve to shooting a rifle that produces a lot of recoil. But once figured out they are very accurate and excellent hunting rifles. The 125 has substantially more recoil. The 150 the recoil is much less probably because it weighs 11lbs, and has a very nice balance point. The 125 is around 9lbs