FX Is the FX King a step forward or backward?

I need a new gun like a hole in my head!

With that being said, I'm picking up a King from a local guy tomorrow LMAO! Like most people here I also suffer from Air Rifle Attention Deficit Disorder (AR-ADD) and can't stop buying crap I do not need.

Anyways, to me it's an awesome looking gun with the brown GRS stock and I'm really looking forward to testing out that new valve. As far as the gauges go, I already have two digital gauges ready to be slapped on. I dunno. Call me a wacko with no tastes but I like the look of those two gauges. It's 100x better looking that my Impact with 3 gauges sticking out. It's definitely a step forward for me.
I think it's a beautiful looking gun. I'm not a fan of the bullpups.

King use the dynamic action used on the original Panthera. Fitting a GRS stock to make it look like a traditional firearm what you get in the looks—> it is what it is ! Take it or leave it. There isn’t a logical place to put those two gauges in relationship with the Plenum inside the action.

But if u want the most powerful FX AG with the 9mm valve and plenum size option —> to some it will over come the ugliness of the gun.

Ernest
Could the angled block be removed and the gauges be mounted flush?

I don't ever see that being an option to mount them flush.
Sorry but I don’t see why its a big deal unless the holes before the block are too big or too close together and they are most likely at the same distance apart and diameter as in the angled block. Even if you had to tap them to 1/8 bsp for the gauges to screw in.

Reactions: Airgun Al
OK I just got through shooting the .22 King. No doubt it is a step in the right direction.

Stock: The GRS stock is eye candy and the target style grip felt super nice. The push button adjustment was awesome as I had the adjust my cheek weld and LOP several times. I'm going to pull the stock tonight a Tru-Oil it to a gloss finish. I'll take some before and after pics. It should really help bring out the grain as the stock finish is pretty matte.

Gauges: As I was tuning I was keeping my eye on the gauges, mainly the reg gauge. You don't even need to take your cheek off the stock to read your pressures. That's a big +1 IMO. Also, the gauges don't even stick out further than the illumination/parallax adjustment knob on most scopes. My Arken EPL's knob is the same distance out the left side as the gauges. No big deal there.

Performance: I just have to say WOW!. It doesn't shoot any more accurate than my M3's or Prophets, however, what really got me was how efficient that valving is. I got it from another member on the forum and he had it right about 110 bar. His pellets were much heavier than the JSB 18gr I have on hand. So I popped in a single JSB 18g pellet and let it fly. It cracked the sound barrier with 110 bar. Now my M3's sure would not. I have them set around 90 bar and they shoot the same pellet around 890 FPS. So I set the King to 90 bar and it shot the JSBs out at a whopping 1000 FPS! Holy crap. 80 bar shot out at 940 FPS, 65 bar was 860ish FPS. I finally settled in at 72 bar with 902 FPS. Oh get this. With 72 bar and the hammer spring tension (HST) at 1 (that's UNO) I was at 892 FPS. I bumped it up a hair to get to 900 FPS. Final setup is:

72 bar
HST at 1.25
JSB 18gr shooting at 900 FPS

I'll have to check the shot count tomorrow but I know it's gonna be crazy high with that little 480cc 250 bar bottle. For the hell of it, I'll check the shot count one day with my 580cc 300 bar bottle.

Last edited:
OK I just got through shooting the .22 King. No doubt it is a step in the right direction.

Stock: The GRS stock is eye candy and the target style grip felt super nice. The push button adjustment was awesome as I had the adjust my cheek weld and LOP several times. I'm going to pull the stock tonight a Tru-Oil it to a gloss finish. I'll take some before and after pics. It should really help bring out the grain as the stock finish is pretty matte.

Gauges: As I was tuning I was keeping my eye on the gauges, mainly the reg gauge. You don't even need to take your cheek off the stock to read your pressures. That's a big +1 IMO. Also, the gauges don't even stick out further than the illumination/parallax adjustment knob on most scopes. My Arken EPL's knob is the same distance out the left side as the gauges. No big deal there.

Performance: I just have to say WOW!. It doesn't shoot any more accurate than my M3's or Prophets, however, what really got me was how efficient that valving is. I got it from another member on the forum and he had it right about 110 bar. His pellets were much heavier than the JSB 18gr I have on hand. So I popped in a single JSB 18g pellet and let it fly. It cracked the sound barrier with 110 bar. Now my M3's sure would not. I have them set around 90 bar and they shoot the same pellet around 890 FPS. So I set the King to 90 bar and it shot the JSBs out at a whopping 1000 FPS! Holy crap. 80 bar shot out at 940 FPS, 65 bar was 860ish FPS. I finally settled in at 72 bar with 902 FPS. Oh get this. With 72 bar and the hammer spring tension (HST) at 1 (that's UNO) I was at 892 FPS. I bumped it up a hair to get to 900 FPS. Final setup is:

72 bar
HST at 1.25

I'll have to check the shot count tomorrow but I know it's gonna be crazy high with that little 480cc 250 bar bottle. For the hell of it, I'll check the shot count one day with my 580cc 300 bar bottle.
Did you get the 500mm.

Reactions: Normkel

72 bar
HST at 1.25

That sounds very good. What's it like sound wise with the 500mm barrel and no mod?

Simple solution, don't buy it. JMHO
Oh i don’t necessarily care for the gauges sticking out like that on this particular gun but I wouldn’t let that stop me from buying it if i decided to i like the look but don’t want to be a fx tester any more ill wait and see how they develop. Right now im happy with 2 👻👻 and 2 reveres

Oh i don’t necessarily care for the gauges sticking out like that on this particular gun but I wouldn’t let that stop me from buying it if i decided to i like the look but don’t want to be a fx tester any more ill wait and see how they develop. Right now im happy with 2 👻👻 and 2 reveres

You know the King is just a Panthera with wood stock right? That’s been tested quite well by now, it certain is a more mature product.

Reactions: Airgun Al
That sounds very good. What's it like sound wise with the 500mm barrel and no mod?
Well I don't have the 500mm barrel. The original owner must have bought the King in 600mm with the heavy liner and replaced it with a 600mm standard liner to shoot pellets. He left the STX standard in as I wanted to try pellets first and added the heavy liner as an addon as I want to test some slugs out too. I can tell you the 600mm barrel without mod is med/loud. Probably enough to annoy the neighbors. A DFL Sumo knocked it down quite nicely. I bet the neighbors can't even hear it from inside their house.

The first shot that broke the sound barrier was a doozy LMFAO! I'm surprised a sheriff didn't drive by.

72 bar
HST at 1.25

STOP it!
Just stop it!
Your making me want one!
Congratulations!

I kind of like the look, but then I have a Crown MKII with a GRS stock, so… :)

The gauges don’t bother me either. I agree with another poster that it’s more convenient than the ones on the Crown where you have to turn the gun upside down to read the gauges. And it’s way better than my Streamline where I have to look at the gauge from the barrel end. Who thought that was a good idea?

How hard is it to change barrels on the King/Panthera? I thought I read that it was a dealer only change-over option, but then they’d probably say that about most airgun maintenance. And to another poster’s point… I already have the ME degree. :ROFLMAO:

A liner change is as easy as an impact. The hardest part of a barrel change is getting the screws loose from the thread locker they use. Other than that just degass it and loosen the two grub screws at the transfer port and two screws clamping at the front of the plenum then slide it out. These barrels have done away with the stainless/brass fitting and replaced it with one long brass transfer port.