• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Is the FX impact mk2 worth it ?

Hi guys, here from Chile again...

Im finding my self in a difficult question regarding my next air rifle: is the FX Impact MK2 worth the price difference in comparison to the FX Impact X ?? Here in chile about US500 when buying new and over US800 buying the impact x used

I would like to buy an FX Impact for hunting and target shooting up to 150yds in .22 with a 600mm barrel, possible using some light slugs, like the new Fx Hybrid slugs for long range shooting and the JSB 18.13 for close range hunting, so i hesitate about the 25% bigger plenum on the mk2 when i see the difference in the price tag, because I dont know if for my needs the X will be enough... so I came to you in order to get some thoughts from people who owns or know about them more than my self to help me figure it out about whether I should spend US2750 in the mk2 or just save some money and go for the Impact X. I also know that the mk2 has a bigger mag and better gauges too, but that is not too important for me. 

Also I would like to know whether the side shot mags would fit the Impact X (I might prefer to buy them seperately so I save some money if possible)

I will be grateful for your insight...

Thanks,

Do you work on your own guns? Do you have a place over there that works on them? It takes a lot of skill to keep an Impact up, Replacing the seals , And understanding the power tunes, 

If some one feels different please jump in here, I have seen more complaints, More problems with the Impact than ANY other gun on any site.... 

You want simple , You want accurate, check out the Vulcan guns, Veteran, and the Crickets, I can not add other brands as I do not own one.

Mike

Do you work on your own guns? Do you have a place over there that works on them? It takes a lot of skill to keep an Impact up, Replacing the seals , And understanding the power tunes, 

If some one feels different please jump in here, I have seen more complaints, More problems with the Impact than ANY other gun on any site.... 

You want simple , You want accurate, check out the Vulcan guns, Veteran, and the Crickets, I can not add other brands as I do not own one.

Mike

You must not own an impact. If a person can tie their own shoes they can work on an impact. The seals don't fail often and if they did it costs about 3 or 4 cent to replace one and a few minutes of your time.

Reactions: sonny

Mike

Impact does not need to be compared to cricket, they are completely different weapons.

Impact is no problem, complaints are often heard by people who know nothing about the impact system and start to put their fingers where you don't know. 

People who know little about PCP systems should turn to those who know it and fix it then there will be no complaints that make no sense.

When the first impact came out it was a gamechanger in the airgun world and it still is today. You wont fint a gun that can do what the impact can, no matter what power it has.

and just see what people are shooting the most in RMAC and EBR. 

And the impact is really easy to work on if you take it one step at the time.

the tunning of the gun can be a litle tricky if you never have done it before, but you will learn it fast.

is the impact worth the money? YES! No question about it.

It seems that people who buy Impacts are compelled to tinker with them and increase the power. Quite often, that leads to all kinds of other problems. We are not all Ernest Rowe types that can take these apart in the dark and put them back together again. Impacts shoot quite well as they come from the factory. If you are satisfied with the power level as it comes, leave it alone and go hunting or target shooting. Just because you own an Impact doesn't mean you have to perform brain surgery on it.

Mike

I dont do it right know, but I now that if I buy an FX gun like the Impact I will have to, and is not so big a problem, Im kind of a good student about this kind of things and Im confident that I will learn to do it. But the idea is to do the tunning only once and then just shoot and enjoy

Buy the X and spend $150 on mods to have way more power than a stock MKII. Yes the MKII mags will fit the older guns.

You need a larger plenum, drill the valve seat to 6.35mm and port the brass pellet inlet and pellet probe. This will give about 30% more power than a stock MKII

is it really necessary to have more power for those light slugs ?

I wont be doing that kind of work and the gun I rather have my warranty just in case

When the first impact came out it was a gamechanger in the airgun world and it still is today. You wont fint a gun that can do what the impact can, no matter what power it has.

and just see what people are shooting the most in RMAC and EBR. 

And the impact is really easy to work on if you take it one step at the time.

the tunning of the gun can be a litle tricky if you never have done it before, but you will learn it fast.

is the impact worth the money? YES! No question about it.

yeah I kind think the same about the system, but my real question is wheter the mk2 is way better than the X and worth the price difference? 

It seems that people who buy Impacts are compelled to tinker with them and increase the power. Quite often, that leads to all kinds of other problems. We are not all Ernest Rowe types that can take these apart in the dark and put them back together again. Impacts shoot quite well as they come from the factory. If you are satisfied with the power level as it comes, leave it alone and go hunting or target shooting. Just because you own an Impact doesn't mean you have to perform brain surgery on it.

Thats my original idea and what Im intended to do

Here in Chile there isnt much supply of slugs so I will be shooting mostly the jsb 18.13 which I belive to be the pellet that work best out of the box for the impact, so very little tunning needed. Only when those hybrid slugs arrive to Chile I might feel the need of tunning the gun for those (if price is reasonable, which might not)

My fx impact mk2 is my most expensive gun, it’s not the most accurate, it’s not the most consistent, it’s not the quietest and it’s not the nicest to shoot, so with those criteria....no it’s not worth it but i wanted one, I like it, I can afford it, I can justify having it, so yes it is worth it.

what I am saying, are there are cheaper guns which perform just as well....yes

If you want an impact....get it.

Bb

Get the MKII. The better gauges , slightly larger plenum , high cap magazine make it worth the price difference . I would also wait and buy used if you can. You can usually save a few dollars that way. The gun will do 50 FPE+ in .22 cal stock . There’s really no need to mod the crap out of it unless that is not enough power . I wanted to mod the crap out of it so thats the route I took . 70 FPE capable now with the X 

If it worth the 150$ more Will it comes Down to what you Will be using it for, if just want a great rifle that you Can change caliber and Tune then the impact X is okay.

but why not spent that last 150$ and get a rifle that is up to date and have more power and upgraded parts, and Will be able to shot slugs?

I would go with the mkII

the price difference is between 500-800 usd depending whether I buy the impact x new or second hand

do you think that the impact x will be able to shoot the light slugs from fx at around 980 with reg pressure below 150? thats what Im after, if thats enough I will go for the X 

My fx impact mk2 is my most expensive gun, it’s not the most accurate, it’s not the most consistent, it’s not the quietest and it’s not the nicest to shoot, so with those criteria....no it’s not worth it but i wanted one, I like it, I can afford it, I can justify having it, so yes it is worth it.

what I am saying, are there are cheaper guns which perform just as well....yes

If you want an impact....get it.

Bb

thats true for pretty much all in life... not body needs a Ferrari, but everyone would love to have one LoL

Get the MKII. The better gauges , slightly larger plenum , high cap magazine make it worth the price difference . I would also wait and buy used if you can. You can usually save a few dollars that way. The gun will do 50 FPE+ in .22 cal stock . There’s really no need to mod the crap out of it unless that is not enough power . I wanted to mod the crap out of it so thats the route I took . 70 FPE capable now with the X

the slightly larger plenum really makes that much difference in power ?

I wil be trying to shoot the FX hybrid slugs at 980 fps with the 600mm barrel at no more than 140-150 reg pressure. Would the Impact X be capable of such a thing ? or I need the Mk2 to do it?